AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:34 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Precisely locating your control network in absolute terms?

"I am looking for opinions on the best methodology to bring in precise position and orientation into a control network." Without knowing what the proj...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS RTK Accuracy

"if I take an RTK observations of lets say 30 seconds, is the data collector doing anything more than just averaging those measurements?" When I posed...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Vest! Do they still make something like this?

"Filson still makes the cruiser vest" If they still make the orange surveyor's version, they're not very interested in selling it. I wasn't able to f...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: StarNet Preanalysis: who is using Preanalysis and how?

I've only used it a handful of times to get a sense of estimated errors on some unusual network configurations. It's been a way to reality-check what...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation certificates and geoids

"What are the implications for mass of as-built documents of my city’s utility infrastructure?" Those of us in subsiding areas have long since gotten ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation certificates and geoids

"You need to then account for the uncertainty in your observed ellipsoid height which if you’re not following the NGS guidelines for GPS-derived heigh...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation certificates and geoids

It's worth noting that the instructions for Item C2 on an Elevation Certificate indicate that an OPUS-derived elevation is acceptable. Note the CORS ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

"Not to beat a dead horse, but emailing pdfs to Kinkos to be printed is an option if you must have paper." For me the critical product is mylar for fi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica TCRA 1105+ Repair

"The “main” battery that you leave in the stored gun will probably self discharge at a rate similar to the board battery." Most instrument power batte...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

"I’ve run into a few that run a tape down to the dirt" I do this routinely so I can include the resected point in my terrain model. A zero HI leaves...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Standard Setup on Resect-Solution after Resection?

"Because you won’t be “zeroed” on any one of the resected points. You will be oriented to an “average” of the resected points." SurvCE gives you the o...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Vest! Do they still make something like this?

I carry an ANSI-complaint vest in the truck just in case I find myself on a jobsite that requires such, but I greatly prefer the orange Filson Cruiser...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: ERROR - GNSS Obersvation Node 'PointRecord' is Invalid

I have minimal experience with JXL files, but I looked at one I dealt with recently for comparison, and I see that the typical PointRecord in my file ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Post ‘82 CE Doing Boundary Surveys and Forms Certs

Can't you get copies from the Planning and/or Building Departments of your local agency?

3 years ago
Page 17 / 374