AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:34 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Count the Ways

In 1999 I surveyed the boundary of a downtown lot in my home town (small city) prior to development of a 3-story mixed-use building. I wasn't involve...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Wanted: HP41cx

I just inherited a 41CX from a colleague who passed away several years ago. It wouldn't turn on, so I removed the battery cradle to see what it looke...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: GEODNET

I dug a little deeper into Geodnet, and it's...complicated. The overarching concept is to establish a dense global network of RTK base stations for u...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

"At one time many accomplished physicians and lawyers had little or no formal education. They read everything they could and worked under (and eventua...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Aluminum Concrete Survey Marker

"There was a discussion about drilling a small vent hole in each cap stem to prevent an air pocket from forming when the cap is pressed down into a ho...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Aluminum Concrete Survey Marker

Epoxy and lead aren't your only choices. I prefer anchor cement over both -- it's cheap, readily available (any hardware store or home improvement ce...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GEODNET

There's a good interview with one of the founders in The American Surveyor:

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4000ssi and radio going cheap

I don't know about the radio -- if it's not capable of narrow-band transmission it might be illegal to use -- but I wouldn't bother using that setup f...

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: ANyone having trouble with OPUS lately?

Post one of the RINEX files, maybe something will jump out at one of us. (You'll have to change the extension to .txt or one of the other accepted fi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How much does it cost...

"If I ask a realtor about a survey and the first thing out of there mouth is no need waste of money." There's a regional aspect to this. In CA, for e...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GNSS post processed Grid Coordinates to Ground Coordinates

"I observe you are below the ellipsoid, which means your elevation scale would be opposite what we consider normal. " Who's this "we," sucka? I've be...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Quickbooks Alternative

There are some free or very low cost online options, but they all have limitations. I briefly tried Wave a few years ago, but didn't care for it much...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Great Minds...

In a similar vein, last week I was doing some topo work at an elementary school, and noticed faded paint dots at all the typical topo shot locations, ...

3 years ago
Topic
3 years ago
Replies: 13
Views: 1302
Reply
RE: Precisely locating your control network in absolute terms?

"In that case, if RTK is available to a surveyor, what situation would there be that would call for running static data?" I can't think of a single co...

3 years ago
Page 16 / 374