AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
JerryS
JerryS
@jerrys
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 3:12 pm
Topics: 10 / Replies: 553
Reply
RE: On the HZ rates of GNSS systems

At the risk of proving an adage I learned shortly after beginning my employment with Hayes Instrument Company almost 23 years ago, the adage being tha...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Nail Driving Prism Pole

I have worked at Hayes Instrument Company for almost 23 years.?ÿ I remember someone sending a prism pole to my then boss, Eddie Clanton, to try out th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Sena parani sd100 setup with Topcon APL1A

My experience with this is that the instrument must be configured to communicate the data stream through the serial port.?ÿ To set it up initially, th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: New job will be fun

There's no way you could ever sufficiently anticipate the wrinkles and side jaunts such a deal would involve.?ÿ Reminds me of a tract I worked on for ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Affordable RTK Receiver

The answers above are valid but overlook one of your stated requirements, namely: cm accuracy. You cannot obtain cm accuracy from any unit on the mar...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Offset?

I agree with Lee's deduction.?ÿ That is about the shift I have seen between NAD83(2011) and the previous datum correlation.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: True Point of...

@dougie, or you may have been closer to the TRUE POINT OF BEGINNING, whereas @MightyMoe was nearer the Point of Commencement...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help with robotic Total Station problem-

Your post about the GTS-815A prompts the question as to whether it is equipped with the instrument handle required to work with the RC-2R.?ÿ You can e...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Base Rover Newbie

If you have access to an RTK network, there's no reason you couldn't just connect to the Base as a network rover and store a network corrected positio...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Promark 2 Not Collecting Data

I would look at the condition of the receptacle the external antenna cable plugs into.?ÿ The (fingers) pieces that surround the central post that make...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: These look good in concept, why were't they more popular?

Also, the Sokkia version of that adapter is better because the height is adjustable and the price is better, by a considerable margin.?ÿ The Sokkia ve...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: These look good in concept, why were't they more popular?

One of the main advantages I see in having the plummet in the adaptor instead of the tribrach, especially a rotating one, and with a real level vial i...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK - Static, independent?

Changing your rod height enough to make a re-observation or stake-out to the stored observation is also a good strategy to reveal a multipath solution...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Is my Topcon Legacy-E worthless since the GPS Rollover?

If you can connect the Legacy E to TRU (Topcon Receiver Utility), look at info under Receiver Managing and see what board version it has.?ÿ If it says...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GPT8203a Setup Help

The total station must be set to "External Link" mode under "Remote Control" under "Programs" which should be accessible by pressing the F6 function k...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper +

The firmware question can be determined by connecting it to a computer with a serial cable and using the Topcon Receiver Utility [TRU] software to asc...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey 2021

Not certain what you are asking, but I interpret it to be have the same codes in the Ranger that you use in the office.?ÿ That once was as easy as edi...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper +

I suspect that it may not have had the firmware update to address the GPS week/year rollover that happened a while back.?ÿ The firmware update is some...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: SP80 base/BRx7 rover setup

i checked with someone more familiar with the SP-80 workings that I am.?ÿ I learned the the RCTMv3.0 protocol does support the corrections for Galileo...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: SP80 base/BRx7 rover setup

If you have always run the SP-80 (or BRx7 for that matter) as a network rover, then perhaps you're unfamiliar with the radio settings in SurvPC.?ÿ In ...

6 years ago
Page 2 / 29