AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jim
Jim
@jefls
Free
Joined: May 5, 2011 6:00 am
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:22 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 76
Reply
RE: Subdivision issues

I was taught to establish the road ROW first;Then the perimeter of the parent tract;Then the junior - senior title...Unless it is a subdivision. Then ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Refunding the cost of a survey

JEFLS, post: 325171, member: 1771 wrote: Thanks for all your opinions..I have no intention of giving him his money back ($2,000). He & I have a wr...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Road

Brad Ott, post: 342958, member: 197 wrote: Not sure about aerials, but I hope this helps: Thanks,

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Road

Adam, post: 342852, member: 8900 wrote: I have seen that around here. I have found on the USGS site, the aerials can go back to the 50's or earlier wi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Relying on surveys by others?

If I subdivide a parcel, I must find the corners called for by deed, and verify that the cornersare in the correct location.I know that many Massachus...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: A speech I have given:

Monuments must hold. IF... they are the original monuments.Can acquiescence and practical location govern IF... the monuments are not visible?ie., bur...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Handshake agreement

Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 333092, member: 6939 wrote: Yes, it's called the Statute of Frauds. Real estate transactions have to be in writing to be infor...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble S6 - autolock collimation

I do not have an EDM with autolock...But I have heard about the sighting of cross-hairs problem...why would the cross-hairs not be centered on the pri...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ridiculous Plat Decisions

JPH, post: 325559, member: 6636 wrote: I see a few other shorties there too. What the heck. I mean, who does that kind of stuff? Civil Engineers, a...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Refunding the cost of a survey

Thanks for all your opinions..I have no intention of giving him his money back ($2,000).He & I have a written contract, that includes scope of ser...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 27
Views: 1846
Reply
RE: Why “cut line”?

I enjoy cutting line... especially when it is raining...Most all of my surveying work involves the cutting of traverse lines.I prefer to clear cut on ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Cleint Privilege

Client PrivilegeThanks to all who responded to my question!The topic was the result of a seminar in NH, where two attorney/surveyors informed us that ...

12 years ago
Topic
12 years ago
Replies: 10
Views: 665
Reply
RE: An Obvious Error in Grid Bearings from Solar Observations

Kent,are you being serious in this post?Grossly erroneous? 2 arc seconds? A discrepancy of 0.16' in 8,751.24'?Last week I had a 1,603' shot between tw...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Prescriptive easement MA specific

If you send your neighbor a certified letter, receipt requested, and you save a copy of the letter and the receipt, (FOREVER), you could submit it to ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Prescriptive easement MA specific

You and your neighbor should hire a title examiner to search the deeds, and probate records.If that does not yield definative information, you should ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Ancient Cemetery

What do the deeds say? Is there an excepting or reserving clause?Perhaps a probate record will shed some light.I recently surveyed a cemetery, entirel...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics and Professionalism in Surveying

In New Hampshire TITLE XLVIIBOUNDARIES, FENCES AND COMMON FIELDSCHAPTER 472BOUNDARY LINES"472:1 Disputed Boundary. – Whenever the boundary line betwee...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: proportioning between points

The link below provides good verbal explanations of the various adjustments.

14 years ago
Page 3 / 5