AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jbstahl
jbstahl
@jbstahl
Member Founder
Joined: July 21, 2010 12:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 12:07 pm
Topics: 34 / Replies: 1310
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 1732
Reply
RE: Can an iron survey pin be wrong?

Sorry Half, but I've got to respond to this one.?ÿ No disrespect to Jobo. He was an awesome surveyor.?ÿ I agree that "every mark however faint, is wro...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: "...under the penalties of perjury.."

Many above are correct.?ÿ An affidavit attesting to factual matters as would be offered in court by a lay witness would be given under an oath of perj...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

What happens when we flip the script??ÿ Your neighbor hires a surveying company to survey his property.?ÿ Do you contact the surveyor (actually, the s...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

I haven't read all of the posts yet, but Jon raises an important issue. How do you avoid the "appearance" of a conflict? ...DISCLOSURE... Our elected...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

@aliquot Not missing the point at all. Your hypothetical about the "ethical" congressman is the perfect example of 'unethical" if not illegal practice...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: So, your client says to you...........

Simple. Charge the additional cost to fix the problem (there are lots of ways to accomplish it). Once it's fixed, finish your survey.?ÿ No problem exi...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

It depends entirely on whether you're an ethical person. If you are, then there's no problem. If you aren't, then you've got bigger problems than surv...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: QuickCogo Software

What a surprise to see Jim still at it!! Jim hired me as a temp to fill in while his employees went out on the deer hunt when I first moved to Salt La...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Another head scratcher

Document their agreement to the pin, get the record straightened out, then finish your survey.?ÿ Find a mistake -- fix it. JBS

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Center of Section

I'm more curious about the subdivision plat than the stone.?ÿ I'd pay close attention to the description on the subdivision plat.?ÿ Does it call for t...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: ROW vs Property Line Corner POBs

In answer to the "law in Pennsylvania" question about the title extending to the middle of the street: "However, we note the law in Pennsylvania rega...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: When title and boundary disagree

There was no issue (barring possible prior foreclosure) prior to the probate. The mistake was made when the estate was conveyed (I presume by an execu...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone here once used a Tellurometer?

1976. Laying out a triangulation control network for the City of Helena, Montana. NGS came in with their Telurometers to set the baselines for us. Did...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Complimentary Licenses/Certifications for a PLS?

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) training. Useful in every-day life at work and home.?ÿ Google ADR or Mediation training with your state.?ÿ You'll...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scrivener's error (I think)

@mightymoe The recent survey "that monumented the bank" would be correct. Monuments should go on the bank.  They are marking closing corners, no...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scrivener's error (I think)

@mightymoe I think y'all are missing the point. The strip and gore doctrine IS the solution. There is no problem to fix. It was standard practice to ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scrivener's error (I think)

@linebender Yes. Yes. And yes.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scrivener's error (I think)

@brian-allen I agree with Brian about the Strip and Gore doctrine, but not with the final assessment. The doctrine not only recognizes that there is...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: RADU Update

@noodles Thanks, Angel. Richard has brought so many great friends together here and throughout the world. He can be assured that they will all join in...

7 years ago
Page 2 / 68