AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jbstahl
jbstahl
@jbstahl
Member Founder
Joined: July 21, 2010 12:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 12:07 pm
Topics: 34 / Replies: 1310
Reply
RE: Rabbit Hole and Survey Monument

@mightymoe There are a number of re-monumentation projects that were conducted by the CCC and other various agencies (forest service, corp of engineer...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Rabbit Hole and Survey Monument

I watched the same episode and took a similar photo to do the "deep dive." Moe is correct. The section corners (and the township and range) are tied t...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Deed language

SUBJECT TO all exceptions, reservations, rights-of-way, easements, covenants, restrictions, and rights of record and subject of any state of facts whi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Last Call at SLCC

Sad, but SLCC's loss will be somebody else's gain. One healthy program is better than two on life support. Very true, Norm. It's a good thing that...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Last Call at SLCC

Can i take it online from the east coast. I will look into it if i can do it online. Yes. You can take the course from anywhere the internet trave...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Last Call at SLCC

@jbstahl Are the courses synchronous or asynchronous? They're asynchronous. The fall semester starts August 22nd. BLaw 1 will be on its last run. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary question

However, I'd feel a lot better about it if I were to take the opportunity to sit down with the current lot owners, explain the situation that there ar...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 1202
Reply
RE: Mark Silver with iGage R O C K S !

Mark Silver is definitely a top-notch service-oriented equipment provider. Yes. He updates my Carlson software every year. I've also purchase a G8 ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 2016 ALTA/NSPS Standards - Table A

evidence from plans requested by the surveyor and obtained from utility companies Read it carefully. The only expectation placed on the surveyor i...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement Question

"The city" isn't a single entity. The city can hold property corporately (for its own use) or it can hold property "in trust for the public." It wou...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Boundary fight advances to State Supreme Court

@peter-lothian?ÿ "Appellate courts review the underlying facts in a light most favorable to the prevailing party without reweighing the evidence or m...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Upcoming conference in Reno

I was planning to go, but plans have changed.?ÿ I'll be attending the MT conference on Feb 15th - 17th and the same two primary speakers I wanted to s...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Localization vs site calibration

"Back in the early days..."?ÿ "Calibration" was Trimble's term and "Localization" was Topcon's term for exactly the same thing.?ÿ Both processes were ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: In need of 3rd party opinion on Survey for lawsuit

I'm willing to assist in any way that I can. JBS

4 years ago
Reply
RE: pre statehood Land Grant

A patent is the equivalent of: a. Warranty deed b. Special warranty deed c. Contract d. Quit-claim deed d. Quit-claim deed.?ÿ The government do...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Chain Notation

@jbstahl What am I doing wrong? 45x8"=360"=30' so 45.5=30'4" not 30' as you say in your post. 45.5 links x .66 = 30' ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Chain Notation

Elsewhere in the plat they show a ROWs as 45(1/2) which obviously isn't chains, but works out to 30' when calculated as links. The 1/2 in your ROW ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Richard Abbott aka RADU

I truly believe that RADU did more for unifying surveyors throughout the US than any other I've known.?ÿ His epic walkabouts introduced us to each oth...

4 years ago
Page 1 / 68