Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 5, 2026 6:09 am
Sam> Three factors that would greatly improve the employment situation...and I will catch flack for this...Actually, the percentage of eligible peo...
Gordon> The Aldous Huxley quote seems incongruous, after reading Wendell Berry.What can I say, I'm a work in progress 😉 "Do I contradict myself? ...
These days I think you ask how much do I have to pay you to> Seriously, go to a professional business seller. Suspect the demand to purchase smal...
The only solutions I have are my own (and I stole them from Edward Abbey and Wendell Berry)"How to Overthrow the System: brew your own beer; kick in y...
> If we remove the power/money from the fat worthless bureaucrats and politicians in Washington, D.C. and return it to the states and the people, y...
Tyler> If you're working "part time", you're not working the "other time" but I don't believe the government counts the "other time" as unemploymen...
> I read somewhere that close to 300,000 jobs a month were needed to be created just to keep up with the birth rate.> > At the current "shove...
> I guess it depends on one's POV. Sitting on the sidelines seeing the same old faces collecting a measly $275 unemployment check each week won't g...
> It makes you wonder what and when things might actually change for the better.Why do you assume they'll change for the better? Since the collaps...
Adverse possessin in Wisc.>Duane> But I'll stand by my analysis that in most jurisdictions if the possessor intentionally builds on land that th...
Wayne> and a tree hugger who wants to be the next CEO of The Nature Conservancy. I'd say that's going 3 for 3, so no complaints from me (ok, maybe...
> I saw a crew chief get a ten year plague once.> He wasn't real excited about it.Nice company, what do you get for twenty years of service, Ebo...
> Is there anyone contributing here whose entire family income is only what they make doing survey work?From 2005 to 2009, but not now>...I have...
Paying off debt> We've basically funded the entire thing off of borrowing, so our debt to China has gone way up, but they haven't actually made mon...
I Hate It When Guys Toot Their Own Horn> California was firmly Spanish in 1810. I would suspect it is of more recent origin.That's 16 years before...