AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 5, 2026 6:09 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: Why Independently Reproducible Bearings are Bad

Just curious?> No, more like this new projection that places Texas at correct scale:I believe that projection is using a ESF (egocentric scale fact...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Independently Reproducible Bearings are Bad

Just curious?> It looked like it was in Maryland from Texas. Those Eastern states are so jammed together, they all look the same at this distance.S...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Independently Reproducible Bearings are Bad

Just curious?Corbin is in freaking Virginia

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Glonass Launch This Past Friday

Geostationary Satellites Have A Predictable OrbitI wouldn't take the word of someone who thinks Japan is "farther north". 😉 FWI Tokyo is on the s...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Competitive Price Bidding

> Personally, I don't think bidding is unethical ... Agreed. In fact I find the admonishment of competitive bidding as unethical somewhat problemat...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS strikes again

> Do they just leave them sitting there?If they rolled them up at night, how would you tell the maintained roads from the unmaintained roads 😉

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Internet sales tax?

> I have a hard enough burden collecting payroll taxes for them. "If they wanted me to be their agent, they'd have to pay me, and I want a badge."-...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Oldest Man Made Monumented Survey Line?

Oldest Man Made Monumented Survey Line?>Talk about BOGUS!"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine."? Joseph S...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Oldest Man Made Monumented Survey Line?

An Archaeologist Examines The Oklahoma Rune StonesThe veracity of the Heavener stone as a Viking artifact is problematic. The linguistic evidence is a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: broken glass bottle memorial pics?

I assumed it was that wood, iron, or stone may be in short supply, but wherever there's a couple of surveyors you can always find a bottle 😀

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Oldest Man Made Monumented Survey Line?

My guess would be Norse stone walls in Greenland (Physiographically if not culturally North America)

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Laser scanners...

> For topo of any kind, the scanners are amazing. Especially urban hardscape

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Laser scanners...

You'd beat your head on the desk suffering from data overload.This is scan data of weeds growing between the cracks of stones on the C&O Canal. Ex...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Proposed Basis-of-Bearing

Professional AutonomyDefinition: The quality or state of being independent and self-directing, especially in making decisions, enabling professionals ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you buy a survey instrument?

> Any suggestions where I can simply pick up the phone and get FULL demo? I will fly to the dealer's location.You could attend one of Topcon's eve...

13 years ago
Page 211 / 287