AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:00 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: Retracement, previous methods

> Based on some of the 1890 - 1920 work I've run into, I'd add "compass and pacing" to the list.I've also found, lets say, less than stellar measur...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Principal Planner

You're not known for paying public employees well up there. The staring salary for assistant district attornies in Massachusetts is less what the cour...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Fun with the neighbors on a Friday afternoon

My favorites are:Someone asks if they can walk between the gun and the prism. You tell them sure, then just as the cross your line of sight you say "y...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: I remember the old days when surveying was fun...

I'm a young feller for a surveyor- 51 😉 but when I moved from being a crew chief at a small company into the office our field equipment was a Sokkia...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Surveying

Hard to give any definitive answers without knowing where you plan to work or what type of work you plan on doing.But....two words of advice: demo uni...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: it's friday, of course this is how it starts.

>This is about a 125 sq. ft. difference. FWIW - where I work the size of a permitted building on a commercially zoned property ranges from a FAR (f...

12 years ago
Reply
12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 1009
Reply
RE: Shakespeare mentions boundary disputants...

This story shall the good man teach his son;And National Land Surveyors' Day shall ne’er go by,From this day to the ending of the world,But we in it s...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: More Grumbles

Usually there is a provision in the local zoning ordinance, or in state law, that when a property is rezoned the owner must be notified by certified m...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What is it?

Municipal air freshener dispenser. It's how they get that clean evergreeny scent that the PNW is know for. 😀

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Sokkia GCX2 - holy tiny GNSS receiver!

It may be just that I find myself growing more curmudgeonly by the day, but at first glance this strikes me as a solution in search of a problem.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: PS Exam review

DISCLAIMER - it's been ten years since I took the exam, but to be contrarian (and speaking as someone from a colonial state who had no PLSS background...

12 years ago
Page 159 / 287