AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jaccen
jaccen
@jaccen
Free
Joined: February 21, 2019 10:41 pm
Last seen: June 19, 2026 12:06 pm
Topics: 17 / Replies: 444
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx7

It seems my other comment got lost in the intarwebz. For Chris-Bouffard: I do not think anybody here will fault you for "trust, but verify" checkin...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scanning Manhole Inverts at Scale

What's the required precision? Dot3d with Apriltags and a disto as a check is pretty economical. If it is precise enough depends on the project spec...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What UAV would you buy today?

If you want an American DJI drone, take a look at these guys: For a first drone, I would go with the cheapest you could get by with. Or have a chea...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Processing drone photos general questions

WebODM is the cheapest, easiest way to try. Civil3d can be used if you already have it, though, it is not the best option. You can convert things to ....

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Site Pictures & 360 Video

You can use OpenDroneMap to do terrestrial mapping: The Lightning version is available if you do not want to learn the desktop or server versions. ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: PDF to TIFF

Pricey, but my version of Adobe Acrobat 9 allows you to save a PDF to TIFF just from the File->Save As menu.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Resection in SurvCE 6.17 problem

Any time I have a resection blank screen (which is very rare), I hit back, hit calculate again, and then it's good. I would not expect any help on Su...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Remote CAD drafting

We use a couple of remote drafters. However, they are all within 1hr of the office, they all worked for local OLS shops prior, and we are very famili...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Lisps for civil 3d from carlson

I use this routine all the time and I never thought to use it with the Copy to Clipboard option like this. Handy little tip!

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx7

I do not think anybody here will fault you for "trust, but verify" checking. Being a "doubting Thomas" in surveying can be a good thing. That being s...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx7

My understanding is that GNSSAnalysis uses a procedure based off of "Kuusniemi, Heidi & Lachapelle, Gérard. (2004). GNSS Signal Reliability Testin...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Stonex S900 GNSS Base & Rover Kits

Depends on the version of SurvCE. What version is on the data collectors? Side note--willing to just sell a data collector? Thanks.

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Emlid RX with Esri Apps

I am unfamiliar with those apps. Do they have an app specific Bluetooth setup? One of the major sources of things "not talking" almost always seems ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Polaris S100 - any thoughts?

I have had good luck with any of the ublox based receivers. Do a search here for Emlid or Polaris or ublox or Sparkfun and you will find some discuss...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Levelling a total station & error

Fantastic work and greatly appreciated. Cheers!

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Captivate - Survey Stylesheet

"I have no access also to the old Format Manager of Leica." No one has an old copy of Geo Office? I'm pretty sure the Format Manager was included wit...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS RTK Accuracy

We only have SurvPC 6, but we have found running GNSS Analysis and doing repeated measurements of ~15 seconds until we get ExH values of 1" to 1/10' w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevations - RTK vs Levelled

@norman-oklahoma Been watching it happen locally. Curb and gutter controlled by a robot, no stakes. Entire subdivisions built using machine control....

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Spectra Focus 10 - Data collection

"Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the internal counter for when the battery expiration date is? From my reading it seems like it was intern...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Weathering

Many of them here in Ontario lean. They never accounted for the frost and so manu were never set at least 4' down. If they lean enough, one solution...

3 years ago
Page 2 / 24