AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 3, 2026 12:21 pm
Topics: 2296 / Replies: 23720
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

@cv Thank you. That is a great place to hang mistletoe. Decades ago when Bear Bryant was at Alabama it was reported he asked people to kiss his ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: 0.004

@gary_g NBA star Jerry Lucas was an expert at CDO, He played a mental game of taking names and words apart, putting the letters in alphabetical or...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: A what?

@mathteacher Yep. For city kids and really dumb ones at that. There came a time when a spy or two became the focus of most cartoons, movies and TV...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Hydrographic Training

One time, about 35 years ago when I had a high schooler for a helper, we used a boat to get to a single monument. The client had put the overgrown ca...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Hadn’t seen this annotation before

Does this area have some of those "whatsit's" that predate the PLSS surveys? You know "something something claim". Kansas doesn't have those or any...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: 0.004

OCD is real. It is most apparent to someone who is watching someone else behaving in that manner. Realizing your own OCD traits is much more difficu...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: A what?

@mathteacher Thank you. That is amazing. I wonder how long the planks were. Each one could be quite heavy. Seeing the term "plank" takes me ba...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

@cv He was consistently arguing about one thing or another. Do your best to tell the story for us. I honestly seem to have forgotten it.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: 0.004

@rankin_file I believe that was Ty Olinghouse. The 0.04 story started with me. That goes way back. A survey tech, who I knew well, was creating...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: 0.004

Before you answer, stop and pretend you asked the question first.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Hadn’t seen this annotation before

@sluggo Oh, now, that is just precious. It's nice to see someone point out the foolishness involved.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Things that make you say, “Hmmmm”

If you Google straw man or straw buyer you may stumble onto the name Disney. They maximized this procedure while buying up half of Florida so they co...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Things that make you say, “Hmmmm”

This is purely a guess, but, I can think of why it may have been done. It was common practice many years ago to use what was called a "straw man" to ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: I've slept since then...............probably more than 11,000 times

@norman-oklahoma That would be very interesting for one reason. I had an account at the first bank that was purchased by that family. They added ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: I've slept since then...............probably more than 11,000 times

Pulled this one from Page 7 of 7. It has been viewed about 1200 times in three weeks yet no one has made a comment of any kind. BTW, learned a few ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: True North and adding and subtracting

Remember this thread? It has been viewed nearly 1800 times since the OP on May 21. It currently is on Page 7 of 7. I was just trying to determine ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Hadn’t seen this annotation before

Yup. Never have seen that term used. I recall from deeds cited here at some time in the past that some conveyors in the Old South specifically excl...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

@andy-nold Thank you for correcting me. I do wish he would reconnect with this site. I must have had a brain fart that switched his last name to P...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: A what?

@gary_g A plank road sounds similar to a corduroy road which I understand is basically logs laid side by side for miles When Missouri became a Sta...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

@crashbox Is Broadus surveying on the streets of gold these days? I know Schaut and Cook are doing that.

3 months ago
Page 15 / 1301