Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 3, 2026 11:44 am
I would assume most States would have such a law in place. As we oldtimers used to say in the outhouse: The job ain't done until the paperwork is fi...
Yes. Happy Independence Day to all but especially the Harness family. Enjoyed the meme of the two idiots who climbed the tower atop the Empire State...
@pls8xx Understood. Yet I know a fellow who has been claiming a entire parcel and has been paying the property taxes on it. I think it requires 15...
How can you pay taxes on an area of AP unless you are paying them on the entirety of the current description, of which, the AP area is a graphical por...
Through the years I have learned that surveyors do not always set bars where their survey shows they did. Maybe two feet, maybe 150 feet. The 150 fe...
@norman-oklahoma They refer to it as being the survey proving there is nonconformance with the deeds. We can't see where the intended line should ...
I was not impressed with the cartoon that was supposed to be an officially recorded document. It looked more like something sketched on a napkin over...
The Surveyor of the Week threads stopped within the first year of their appearance, I believe. Have no idea who dropped the ball. They did a good jo...
If this is an iron pipeline, some metal detectors should be able to locate it. If I was there, I could witch it for you. That works if done by one w...
Excellent topic for discussion. Is there definitely a pipeline continuing beyond your client's property? If so, how well can that information assist...
@mike-berry That's true. But, he could set up, level and zero in a tripod/instrument in under five seconds. Every time.
@mightymoe The only blessing with my little gas well is that it physically sets on a neighbor's land and so does the access driveway. My pitiful l...
@rankin_file I like his term "sheeple" for people who simply follow along mindlessly.
The section in my original post is bounded on the east by the Kansas and Missouri Border. That line was surveyed about 1820 relative to the 5th Princi...
In my neighborhood, we see the separation of mineral interests for oil and gas. Typically, this occurred after wells were installed. The seller of t...
@mike-berry Ted was one of a kind, thankfully.
The four lots in my section can only be identified as lots as there are no standard aliquot names possible.
The name is quite familiar. Welcome back. I am assuming you plan on doing this where you are today. For focusing on boundary surveys that makes a...