AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Hollandbriscoe
Hollandbriscoe
@hollandbriscoe
Free
Joined: September 29, 2014 3:00 pm
Last seen: June 3, 2026 1:40 pm
Topics: 27 / Replies: 158
Reply
RE: Scale Bars on plats

I wholeheartedly disagree the fact that someone may print it a different size is the exact reason to include the scale bar. If I print a plat it doesn...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unsurveyed Lines

Of course I show them, I have to plot the adjoining deeds, so I show the lines. Now they will be dashed and won't have any bearings or distances but I...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Orthophotography as a map background

@firestix I love the NC lidar topo data. Honestly it is probably more accurate than doing a topo by hand, and I have checked it against hand topo's. I...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Words

Another thing to consider when reading old documents like this is the use of the long S in words with a ss. The letter will resemble a a lower case f...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Invoice Software

I use quickbooks and it allows me to invoice as well as receive payments electronically. The nice thing is they only charge me $3 per bank draft.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Operators dealing with injuries

Well after she gets off the phone my wife is going to help me out today since she is off on Fridays. I will have the least qualified but best educated...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Operators dealing with injuries

@james-fleming That's what I am dealing with now. I spent an hour on a job yesterday and just had to leave as I couldn't take the pain anymore.

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 464
Topic
Replies: 26
Views: 2033
Reply
RE: Billing Rates

I'm happy to discuss my rates, mind you I am a solo operation. I start at $1400 for any boundary under an acre. I add on if it is more if its really ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Work Backlog & Client Expectations

I typically do FIFO unless there is a closing involved on one or something like that. I will also shuffle things around based on weather and distance,...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Nicknames

The Schonstedt is named Linda.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Land sale

I had someone contact me about surveying a property that had received one of these offers. After looking at the property I told him to take the offe...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 20
Views: 1247
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 6
Views: 1147
Reply
RE: Maps with "Lines Not Surveyed"

I have done this in the past when subdividing a parcel in NC. The property was around 17 acres and I was cutting a house and 1 acre out of it. The hou...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Tax parcel number vs description

I ran into something similar recently, my deed called for the lot to start at the northwest corner of lot 12, the problem with that is what they thoug...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: NC Right of Entry

To the best of my knowledge we do not have it.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Low Cost Beneficial Surveying Tools

A folding pruning saw works great for clearing line and is often faster than a machete.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's center corner find

@bill93 I can't remember what I had for lunch, but I have walked straight to traverse nails that I set years ago.

5 years ago
Page 1 / 10