AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
hgman
hgman
@hgman
Free
Joined: August 5, 2014 7:33 pm
Topics: 3 / Replies: 57
Reply
RE: property line dispute

One of the reasons I love working commercial/industrial real-estate is that a lot of the time, our client just wants to get the deal done and get thei...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trouble is......

as my boss always say, "Good, fast, and cheap, pick any two"

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Zoning Report

On most of the ALTA surveys I've done, the lender typically gets a zoning letter from the local planning department (independent of our survey) statin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How much is 11.74-1/2 chains?

I have a half-chain in my office. It's 33 feet (50 links) long. I'm guessing this is what is meant here.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The field work was completed on...

I've spent the better part of the last week updating about a dozen ALTA surveys for a client. Even though the last date on the survey was December/Ja...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Recording of Surveys

NORTH CAROLINA:Subdivision: generally yes, although what has to be recorded and what doesn't is delegated to the county and municipal planning agencie...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: WTF - Responses to Craigs List AD

I have a Master's degree in History, but got burned out on school a couple years in to a PhD program. I started surveying as a rodman because I was i...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Nice Lady Calls

I point my finger squarely at real estate agents for the myth of the $200 survey. They hire the low-baller lot surveyor once to do a $200 survey on a...

12 years ago
Reply
12 years ago
Reply
RE: What makes something a boundary survey?

The primary charge of surveyors in all states, the reason surveyors are licensed in the first place, is to "protect the public" (i.e. innocent third p...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Practicing Without a License

Construction v Boundary - Practicing Without a License -The NC Board has issued a policy statement that if the location of improvements is relative to...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Two ends of a spectrum

When I worked in Tampa, my party chief (I was a lowly rodman back then) told me about surveying an abandoned gas station in the blighted ring surround...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Why use CAD if your drawing isn't drawn to any scale??????

Stay away from pool companies, too...We were staking out a the baseball field at a new high school a few years ago.. I picked the bases from CAD, and...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: North Carolina Construction Staking

The North Carolina Board has issued policy statement (not an official ruling) that Construction Staking falls within the scope of land surveying: Tha...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Research questions

In NC, a couple years ago a bill was introduced to the state legislature which would have required railroad companies to put their right-of-way maps o...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Where's the fault, or, Not a Survey Problem!

I'll be someone finds a way to blame the surveyor

12 years ago
Page 2 / 3