AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Harold
Harold
@harold
Free
Joined: December 2, 2011 10:03 pm
Last seen: April 9, 2026 8:25 pm
Topics: 72 / Replies: 433
Reply
RE: What's your temperature cut off for doing field work?

January 8, 2026. It was near record high of 71° today in Northeast Mississippi. For summertime work, 95°+ is too hot for me. I sweat on everything...

9 months ago
Topic
10 months ago
Replies: 1
Views: 1520
Reply
RE: Another unusual deed call.

Here are two more I have run across: 1. Nomenclature confusion: “Run thence North 15 degrees, 45 feet, and 37 inches West for a distance of……” Ev...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Missing property corner survey pins?

@williwaw All property owners know that wood will outlast steel!🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 2644
Reply
RE: Old Church and Cemetery survey

@landbutcher464mhz I appreciate the extra work and your thought-provoking analytical responses. They gave me a few more perspectives on boundary pr...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Old Church and Cemetery survey

My final solution: The POB axle found at 359 was disturbed and leaning a little. I held to the other found axles at 358, 337, and 357 as good, soli...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Old Church and Cemetery survey

@gary_g - the rural adjacent property reads ".....the South Half of the Southwest Quarter......"less and except the property occupied by the.....churc...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Old Church and Cemetery survey

Field report from 5/26/25. I calc'd and staked a "LOOK" point for my new northeast corner; not there after searching a wide area. I tried the deed d...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Old Church and Cemetery survey

A few clarifications and notes: 1. STR = Section, Township, and Range. The old deed "....lies in the SW 1/4....", and the second deed commences at...

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 23
Views: 3797
Reply
RE: Division of a ROD.

This was an older description, probably written back when the unit length of a rod was more common. I would say probably around the early to mid 1900...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 1947
Reply
RE: Interesting Deed Calls

I was pondering the old practice of dividing a rod into parts.?ÿ It seemed a little odd to me as to why a surveyor would divide a 16.5-foot rod into 1...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting Deed Calls

Regarding the first post entry in which the area was stated as "13 acres, 4 rods and 4 links." from Britannica, it states:?ÿ "rod, old English measur...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting Deed Calls

Here are some other odd deed calls.?ÿ It is interesting to try and figure out how/where/why a rod is broken into 11 or 16 parts of a fraction.?ÿ One d...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 1342
Reply
RE: Questions I get asked as a land surveyor

While in the office, trying to crank out some office work, most of the telephone calls begin with "How much does it cost......?"

5 years ago
Page 1 / 26