AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Number of Bands Field Definition: Number of spectral bands contained in the image.

Thanks Thad, I don't see much information in the metadata file. It is mostly generic boilerplat for the USGS High Resolution Orthoimagery. All I fou...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Number of Bands Field Definition: Number of spectral bands contained in the image.

Did GM take care of your problem? I've used 4-band imagery for 20+ years. The usual order of bands was always: Band 1 = Blue, Band 2 = Green, Band 3 ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: A Tall Tale of Two Bearing Trees

Bruce, This was the view from one of my GPS control stations as I tore it down before trudging back to the city. Say hi to Vicki. Gene

11 years ago
Reply
RE: A Tall Tale of Two Bearing Trees

Richard, Both marks are chiseled crosses. Top face of Cor. No. 1 And Cor. No. 4

11 years ago
Reply
RE: A Tall Tale of Two Bearing Trees

P.S. Dep. Brown was obviously adept with a stone chisel. Here is Cor. No. 3 of the Eliza Lode, which is approx. 1200 feet to the south. The stone is a...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: A Tall Tale of Two Bearing Trees

John, I'll let you know after I run the traverse. Gene

11 years ago
Reply
RE: A Tall Tale of Two Bearing Trees

Back where I started, the notes call for a 6‰Û pine, N 77å¡ W, 21.5 ft. The only thing nearby is this stump and deadfall. I rolled the 8‰Û diamete...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 19
Views: 1336
Reply
RE: Karma can be entertaining

HC, [sarcasm]So, you enriched the Realtor's commission, too? [/sarcasm] BTW...Will the Assessor/Appraiser increase the acreage for yearly doses of kar...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Karma can be entertaining

HC, They want to split the farm land chunk in the northeast quarter in an odd way.... You seem to get more than your fair share of interesting surv...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Oblique Mercator

I'm a fan of the projection. It is simple to implement and an elegant solution, esp. when working with local mine grids. I was introduced to it many...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Federal Manuals of Instruction for Mineral Surveys

Montana 1890 Manual to US Dep. Mineral SurveyorsBelow is a link to the 1890 "Manual of Instructions to U.S. Deputy Mineral Surveyors for the District ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Federal Manuals of Instruction for Mineral Surveys

ChuckIt has been a while. Hope all is well and that you have some work up high this summer!

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Federal Manuals of Instruction for Mineral Surveys

South Dakota Field NotesJerry,I talked with someone at the MT BLM about South Dakota records. They indicated that there should be microfiche copies o...

11 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Remaining Colorado GLO Records Now Available

Additional Information on Mineral Survey Field NotesSomeone asked if I could post additional information on the 86 volumes of mineral survey field not...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Remaining Colorado GLO Records Now Available

Do Y'All Still Post Nifty North Arrows Here?If so, here's my submission. Official Plat of the Twinkle Lode

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 828
Reply
RE: Larry Phipps - Your best thoughts needed

Larry,You and Allison are in my thought and prayers. Get well soon!Cheers,Gene

11 years ago
Page 67 / 67