AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: The Southern Boundary of Colorado

Mark Mayer, post: 424651, member: 424 wrote: Running south along the common line between New Mexico and Oklahoma takes you to a point on the north lin...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Ethics and Conflicts of Interest

For whatever reason, Kent often displays a penchant for gross generalizations. It appears that fixed fees for surveying services is akin to his PLSSi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed in which states

Only licensed in Colorado. Colorado has over 26,300 approved mineral surveys, more than any other state.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Earthquakes, UAS applications, traffic cones flying and a big snake

JaRo, post: 424497, member: 292 wrote: I guess I should have added a whole bunch of smiley faces to get my point across:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 611
Reply
RE: Section 6 proration

Sorry Moe, I was curious about early surveys in the area(s) you work. In Colorado, the baseline was run in 1859. The early township subdivisions did...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Ethics and Conflicts of Interest

Well, I suppose I could see folks interpreting the Board rulz in a similar light to Kent's interpretation. There are four "shall nots" and four "shal...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Earthquakes, UAS applications, traffic cones flying and a big snake

JaRo, post: 424457, member: 292 wrote: If you are referring to fracking, that procedure is designed to release the tension of underground formations i...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Section 6 proration

MightyMoe, post: 424433, member: 700 wrote: I believe the "newer" sections have advantages over the older ones, the later ones,,,,post 1875 or so clea...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Section 6 proration

Geezo....scratching my head at the aversion to working in a section with a few government lots!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Earthquakes, UAS applications, traffic cones flying and a big snake

Holy Cow, post: 424421, member: 50 wrote: He was just a baby.....only about 5'-6" long, give or take an inch. I call them king snakes but I'm sure th...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Unnerving email

What is the real return email address? Since it concerns a security clearance, report it to the police. Your old company may have been hacked.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Testing new GNSS Receiver Yesterday

Well, I searched on Uinta County, Wyoming and only found the azimuth mark. The data sheet shows the SW Corner of Wyoming as being in Summit County, U...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Testing new GNSS Receiver Yesterday

Loyal,I looked for all the data sheets in Uinta County, WY and only found the azimuth mark. I see the data sheet states that the SW corner of Wyoming...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Red Rocks Canyon NV

And here's your payback Andy, another stone picture by Gene. :)The stone is a quartz monzonite porphyry at 12,949.25 (NAVD88) on Mt. Bross. It is Co...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Testing new GNSS Receiver Yesterday

I seem to recall that spot, but it has been more than a few years. I don't remember you bringing lawn chairs though!P.S. Nice sandstone obelisk. As ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Red Rocks Canyon NV

The corner is in the La Madre Mountain quad.Here are the two BLM dependent resurvey plats conducted in 1957 and 1987 respectively.edit: The field not...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Red River Land Dispute - Gradient Boundary Bill - Texas & Oklahoma

Dave Karoly, post: 423162, member: 94 wrote: That is an interesting decision. The Court found the highway prevented the river from returning to its o...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Red River Land Dispute - Gradient Boundary Bill - Texas & Oklahoma

Kent McMillan, post: 423075, member: 3 wrote: In this case, the experts were actual scientists who were asked to investigate the physical evidence tha...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Red River Land Dispute - Gradient Boundary Bill - Texas & Oklahoma

Frank Willis, post: 423068, member: 472 wrote: That part of the Red River looks to me like it is just a big sand bed that gets varying threads of wate...

9 years ago
Page 57 / 67