Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Easy, peasy Cow. Just consult the Manual. Like these two gems (the second is obviously my favorite):The restoration should then be made by the metho...
Kent McMillan, post: 426437, member: 3 wrote: Fortunately, we do not have US Mineral Surveyors running around loose in Texas with the idea that just b...
Kent McMillan, post: 426428, member: 3 wrote: Actually, my iPhone 6+ (which paden cash has informed me is not yet not available in Oklahoma) tells me ...
Kent McMillan, post: 426279, member: 3 wrote: Well, Texas is the equivalent of four or five different states all mashed together, each with its own li...
Kent McMillan, post: 426414, member: 3 wrote: Consider this fundamental difference between Texas and PLSSia. In Texas, when we photograph courthouses,...
And unsurprisingly, accurate clocks made GPS possible.
Dave Karoly, post: 425894, member: 94 wrote: I don't know what an NOI is, Notice of Intent? They use acronyms which are not explained. I figured out ...
MightyMoe, post: 425866, member: 700 wrote: I've got lots of original stones with reference monuments. One guy would even dig in a nice brass cap at a...
Dave Karoly, post: 425885, member: 94 wrote: See page 4 of the linked document for more detailed discussion:And it is a civil penalty. Thanks Dave. ...
Holy Cow, post: 425822, member: 50 wrote: I agree with the highlighted portion completely. Now, if Oregon could see that same distinction, it would b...
Holy Cow, post: 425804, member: 50 wrote: [USER=9850]@Gene Kooper[/USER]At least Colorado is fairly clear in distinguishing between an "engineer" and ...
HC,I don't disagree with your position, but Colorado is not too much different from Oregon. Below are the pertinent sections in the Definitions porti...
First and foremost, thanks John for your informative narrative after attending the NGS Geospatial Summit (thanks to SPMPLS, too). Sorry for this thre...
Sorry, but I don't see any compelling reason to abandon SPCs in favor of LDPs as the standard projection for a given state. Each has their advantages...
John Hamilton, post: 425592, member: 640 wrote: Actually, some states are expressing a desire to go to one single zone, which much higher scale factor...
A gent from Lawton used to always say, procedures, procedures, procedures.I am an old gray-haired solo surveyor, therefore, I usually limit my travers...
Holy Cow, post: 424920, member: 50 wrote: I could probably go to Nebraska or Colorado and do fine. Strictly on the hush, hush. It is a bit of a comm...
Kent McMillan, post: 424662, member: 3 wrote: Actually, what you are describing is not fixed fee surveying if you are doing the research for time and ...
A follow-up to Mark's post. This is the township subdivision plat for Frac. T. 26 N., R. 37 W., N.M.P.M. that shows the NW Cor. of Texas 2 miles west...