AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Rehabbing stone monuments

aliquot, post: 427165, member: 2486 wrote: No reason to rehab a stone, set a pipe in its place and record what you have done. Too many surveyors don't...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 412
Reply
RE: Special Surveys and Mineral Surveys - Chapter X, 2009 Manual

Part 1The last topic under resurveys of mineral lands in Chapter X is, ‰ÛÏGaps and Overlaps‰Û Not of Record (Secs. 10-224 through 10-229). The Manua...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Stone with notches...

A footnote regarding the above stone. The photos were taken with a cheap compact film camera in 2001. The stone was leaning to the left a little, bu...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Stone with notches...

This is the NW Cor. of Sec. 33, T. 8 S., R. 78 W., 6th PM. We visited this stone, Dave when you were out in 2009. It is in the alpine valley below M...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Stone with notches...

My impression from the first photo is that the "pin and cap" surveyor rolled the stone out of the way so he/she could set the pin. At least I see a g...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Special Surveys and Mineral Surveys - Chapter X, 2009 Manual

Loyal,I brought up that GLO policy while discussing the "Special Cases'' expressly for the reason you stated above (NO, not GET OFF MY LAWN). The 200...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Government Lot 27

BTW....Why did the Wedge Lode have side line dimensions of 1499.0' instead of 1500.0'? Other than avoiding the east end line being the east end point...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Government Lot 27

aliquot, post: 426881, member: 2486 wrote: Its not the smallest. Please continue.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Government Lot 27

Loyal, post: 426880, member: 228 wrote: Nope!"Excepting and reserving to the United States: All mineral deposits, in the land so patented, and the rig...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Government Lot 27

I'm sorry Loyal, but I just have to ask. Did the patent also convey the subsurface mineral estate? Or are they still retained by the Feds?I think I ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Special Surveys and Mineral Surveys - Chapter X, 2009 Manual

Before discussing the topic ‰ÛÏGaps and Overlaps Not of Record‰Û, I want to cover the last topic in Chapter X, ‰ÛÏSpecial Cases‰Û (Secs. 10-230 and ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Special Surveys and Mineral Surveys - Chapter X, 2009 Manual

Loyal, post: 426810, member: 228 wrote: Second, (for those who wish to view the actual Land Decisions), Drogheda and West Monroe Extension Land Decisi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Special Surveys and Mineral Surveys - Chapter X, 2009 Manual

The last post was too long to also include a discussion regarding how the resurveyor should evaluate the seniority of mining claims. After consulting...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Special Surveys and Mineral Surveys - Chapter X, 2009 Manual

Continuing the discussion the next topic under the resurvey of mineral lands is, "Physical Location and Title Conflics" (Secs. 10-215 to 10-223). Thi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Special Surveys and Mineral Surveys - Chapter X, 2009 Manual

paden cash, post: 426730, member: 20 wrote: After reading this (and thank you for the info, btw) I'm thinking Texas may have more in common with U.S. ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Special Surveys and Mineral Surveys - Chapter X, 2009 Manual

The 2009 Manual is the first manual to include instructions on the resurvey of mineral lands. Prior to this the only GLO/BLM guidance on mineral surv...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Special Surveys and Mineral Surveys - Chapter X, 2009 Manual

Before delving into mineral survey resurveys, I would like to list some differences between the rectangular PLSS and mineral surveys. I prepared this...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed in which states

Kent McMillan, post: 426614, member: 3 wrote: Were you unable to obtain the license for some reason or did you just decide that it was better not to b...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Good Idea or Bad Idea in PLSSia

Mark Mayer, post: 426621, member: 424 wrote: I'd say consult the field notes. Duplicate what (say) they did. I guess I needed to employ multiple smil...

9 years ago
Page 55 / 67