AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Where Am I?

Wendell, You are in Virginia City, NV.?ÿ More precisely, at the south end of the Post Office on C St. The puzzling question for me is why are you visi...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: What would you do? Reject a whole township line?

Nice finds Leon.?ÿ Not a criticism per se of what the GLO did in 1914 (just a pet peeve of mine), but why the heck did they set a pipe and cap NEXT to...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Would love to know why

Sounds like your common, everyday divided joint interest deed!

8 years ago
Reply
RE: April 6, 2019; Will your GNSS gear say nope?

Loyal, I believe the "billion second" rollover was related to the Yellow gear. I had to upgrade the firmware in August 2009 for my Leica gear.?ÿ I thi...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: April 6, 2019; Will your GNSS gear say nope?

Posted by: Shelby H. Griggs PLS I am hoping my older Leica gear keeps chugging, BUT did anybody think in 2007 that a receiver would still be in servic...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Down

Posted by: RADAR Be careful; it could be a dead cat I knew if I waited a wee bit, someone would be along to salve this thread with humor.?ÿ Thanks RA...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: UAS Contours

Lee, Like I said, I am not familiar with the specifics of drones, the types of cameras used, nor software like Pix4d.?ÿ Shadows can create more work, ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: UAS Contours

Gregg, What I'm getting at is that one of the images of each stereo pair near the high wall may have a blind spot.?ÿ For example, say the high wall is...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: UAS Contours

Posted by: GMPLS Notice that the UAS contours are inaccurate in areas that look like shadows in the dtm. The other areas labeled "disregard" had a lit...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Down

This post started out with someone simply wanting to know if others had experienced similar problems last weekend with OPUS.?ÿ No blame tossed about, ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting the NW corner of section 35

In order to see where this is in Iowa, I used the recent addition on the GLO Records web site named, "Land Catalog" and entered the township and range...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Spads

I still use spads.?ÿ Have worked underground off and on for 20 years.?ÿ I have a client that is opening a new mine northwest of Alma, CO this spring.?...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: People in charge

Posted by: Jim Frame Introducing a lot of extra GCP's has only brought the accuracy down in my experience. As others have implied, I think the phrase ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Find your own property corners with a cell phone!

Thanks Wendell, In order to stay competitive, I now know to quote $15.00 per corner whenever someone calls wanting to know how much to just find their...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: State Plane Coordinate System of 2022

Posted by: Glenn Borkenhagen Posted by: Gene Kooper I do not ever recall seeing this as a design factor in the NAD27 SPC definitions.?ÿ Not that I dou...

8 years ago
Page 30 / 67