AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Uncle Paden hits the big time

@rankin_file I read it for a freshman American history course in college.  Rølvaag's descriptions of blizzards and the isolation of livin...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Uncle Paden hits the big time

@paden-cash ummmm, "Giants of the Prairies" is a song by the Canadian polka band the Kubasonics. You would like "Giants of the Earth" paden.  I...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Uncle Paden hits the big time

@paden-cash That sounds like the sequel to "Giants of the Earth" by Ole Edvart Rølvaag, only swapping out the Norwegian immigrants with Swedis...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Uncle Paden hits the big time

I'm still waiting for your story of an aging baby-boomer, a mining claim and a long lost daughter.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Static Data Issue

Working up in the mountains where it can go from calm to gusts of 70 mph and having experienced a couple of blow overs, I usually drive three 18" No. ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What could possibly go wrong?

I'm sure you will bring order (eventually) to the madness Bruce.?ÿ The fix is easy, just costly at this point.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Static Data Issue

I'd suggest chopping the data into 2+ hour sessions and sending to OPUS.?ÿ I assume that the base station has previous occupations that you can compar...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Manual of surveying instructions

You need a lot more mineral survey manuals than the single 1909 Manual!?ÿ ?????ÿ Sorry, I wasn't able to make the get together.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Geodesist Posting His One Of A Kind Unique Brand Of Geodesy On Line

@dougie Cam Turgison.  Unlike Aaron, Cam actually telephoned me once!  ????   

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Geodesist Posting His One Of A Kind Unique Brand Of Geodesy On Line

It is usually difficult to distinguish between willful ignorance and stupidity.?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: BLM Records issue

Tom, Survey plats and survey field notes are also part of the Web Services, so they should work too.?ÿ Each plat and field notes has a 6 digit number...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: BLM Records issue

Well, there is a "backdoor" to the GLO Records patent and CDI documents.?ÿ I just tested both and if you are looking for a patent after July 1, 1909, ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: For Review and Comment - A Plat of Seven Patented Lode Mining Claims

Now for the reason I didn't place geodetic-based coordinates on my plat per the landowner's request. He did not want someone to take my plat and load ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: For Review and Comment - A Plat of Seven Patented Lode Mining Claims

@mightymoe The basis of bearing is per the Board's suggested form for a geodetic north basis of bearing statement because the Board asked this nitwit...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: For Review and Comment - A Plat of Seven Patented Lode Mining Claims

@mightymoe You are correct whenever using SPCs in a land description (C.R.S. Title 38, Article 52 Colorado Coordinate System).?ÿ The SPCs on the thre...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: For Review and Comment - A Plat of Seven Patented Lode Mining Claims

@duane-frymire Thanks for your input, Duane.?ÿ One of the big reasons I posted this plat is to get input about my conclusions regarding moving monume...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: For Review and Comment - A Plat of Seven Patented Lode Mining Claims

The following is a compilation of the differences between the rectangular PLSS and mineral surveys that Steve Parrish and I put together.?ÿ It is cert...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: For Review and Comment - A Plat of Seven Patented Lode Mining Claims

@jerrys Yes, Jerry mining claims are very different from what you are familiar with.?ÿ There are three types of mining claims that can be patented: l...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: For Review and Comment - A Plat of Seven Patented Lode Mining Claims

Okay last post of stone corners. ?ÿ Cor. No. 1, Sweet Home Fraction, Sur. No. 20507-A.?ÿ I have the original field tablet of the surveyor, which sho...

7 years ago
Page 16 / 67