Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
@loyal Yeah, and we are both too long in the tooth to work up in the hills full-time. The best I could do so far this fall is to establish a new base ...
Thanks John.
Hey Bruce, Since this '58 Corvette doesn't seem like the right one for you, keep looking. As for me, my favorite (but very unreliable) vehicle was a...
Hey Wendell, Sounds to me that Vila's price is way too high. Twelve years ago, Vicki Payne had (in addition to her stained-glass craft show) a home i...
@loyal And for old, grey-haired pharts like us, there is the earlier publication, "Map projections used by the U.S. Geological Survey," Bulletin 1532...
With regard to Owen's township subdivision survey of T. 24 N., R. 77 W., 6th PM, many years ago I visited the Denver National Archives and scanned the...
The compass was found in an antique shop in Salina, Kansas. The sticker on the compass said $120. The buyer was a contractor looking to pick up some t...
Perhaps KScott, Warren Ward and/or others that are knowledgeable of the recent history will chime in about this, Rover83. The WCCC surveying program s...
@jitterboogie I'm not sure I did anything to right the sinking ship. I was one of several affiliate faculty that helped where we could to keep the pr...
@jitterboogie I was an affiliate faculty member at Metro in 2010. I was responsible for the Route Surveying, Geodesy I and Map Projections distance l...
@horseshoes-handgrenades Well, thanks for not being upset with my opinion. I was a bit grumpier than normal since you post under a nom de plume. Not ...
A humorous side note about my testimony ten years ago. I provided written testimony to both the House and Senate committees in which I noted discrepan...
@jitterboogie No I don't have any info on that, nor do I believe that there is an education breakdown of applicants that is publicly available. If you...
I realize that my opinion will not be well received by some on the forum and in particular, I doubt that Mr./Ms. Horseshoes.handregades will appreciat...
Thanks GeeOddMike. When I did a search I found the NGS web page for the GSVS-17 project. It includes four links. The first is a KML file of the offic...