AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: Save Our GPS

New Scientist articleThe link above shows just how susceptible GPS is to jamming even now.BTW, the site has some excellent coverage of the unfolding e...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey attire

Yes that's right. Should have provided more information. See:for site details.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey attire

Yup. It was a 4000SST. Those units actually had displays showing all sorts of parameters as well as SV conditions including DOPs. It gave you someth...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey attire

Howdy,Here are two colleagues from the Chilean government and I in 1994. We are atop a small summit in the background is Santiago and the mountains b...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: "Cute" Plane Table Alidade

Howdy,I had a chuckle when I saw this caption for the planetable in the surveying instrument case at the British National Maritime Museum in Greenwich...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Webinar February 25

Study materials for upcoming webinarHowdy,For those wanting to study up for the upcoming webinar, check out this NGS report to the FGCS:Status update ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Webinar February 25

Detailed Information on ITRF2008 in JofG (open access)This message was copied from a recent IGSMail:For your information, a detailed article on ITRF20...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Grav D

Howdy,I happened to come across this image of the screen of the TAGS meter within a presentation. I copied it and post it here. Resolution is not gr...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Grav D

Howdy,Absolute meters are used to provide the tie absolute gravity at the aircraft parking spot. See the following link: GRAV-D Alaska Survey 2008 Re...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Grav D

I believe the meter used by NGS is the one described in the following file: Micro g LaCoste Romberg TAGS meter

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Grav D

Howdy,Sounds like fun. I hope that the airborne gravity observations go well and the data is made available to researchers soon. There is an interes...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Program

FWIW,The NGS has a venerable package ADJUST that is free, rigorous and is distributed with sample data and guidelines. I consider it a good tool to l...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: some people...

FWIW,I cannot definitively tell from the picture BUT IF the monument was undermined by nearby construction/excavation the monument lost its value as a...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for USC&GC Benchmark information

Howdy,I am almost sure (95%) of the following:Since the point is located on an airport and has a copper washer with USC&GS stamped in it, it was e...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Datum Conversion

Howdy,The following was copied from the NGS web site. I changed the key statement to bold. To the best of my knowledge this is still current. Page ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Helmert Orthometric Corrections (LONG)

Howdy,As usual, very good information. Accounting for the differences in gravity along the line of leveling allows for the determination of a unique ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: What aspects of geodesy are important to you?

Invar tape for baselines adopted in early 20th CenturyHowdy,I do not intend to be obnoxious (though I am perhaps infected by the degeneration of this ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: What aspects of geodesy are important to you?

Howdy,FWIW, when I disparaged SPCS as 2D I did not acknowledge that the measurements used are inherently 3D. I do not doubt that accurate work can be...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: What aspects of geodesy are important to you?

Howdy,I do consider the SPCS to be important. Computations using the SPCS is usually covered in other course. The notion that SPCS and geodetic coor...

16 years ago
Topic
Page 77 / 78