AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: NGS Data Sheet Question ?

Howdy,There are a minimum of three heights in the Current Survey Control section of data sheets for benchmarks. They are NAVD 88, geoid and dynamic h...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS anomalies....

FWIW,In that it is localized, could it be radio signal interference? Of course, I would expect that any unintentional jamming would cause failure to t...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Anybody have some nice surveying pictures to share?

Howdy,You should also check out the historic photos at this NOAA site: NOAA geodesy photo library. All images should be in the public domain.Cheers,D...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: tri station rehab

Howdy,Rather than continuing to rely on my memory, I refer you to the following document (based on NGS documents I no longer have):See: Figure 2-3.050...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: tri station rehab

FWIW,I would first contact your NGS Geodetic Advisor for definitive advice. In any event, as the subsurface monument was set first and the surface mo...

16 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Measuring Heights

FWIW,Before undertaking the work, I would find out the requirement. The EPA might want to know the height above ground of the top of the stack while ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: First time converting to RINEX...

EphemerisHowdy,Since you now have the raw file converted to RINEX you might consider using the UNAVCO-developed program: "teqc" (it "Translates", "Edi...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Is OPUS only for L1/L2?

Short-Range OPUSHowdy,An L1-only solution in PAGE-NT can ONLY be created after first computing an ion-free solution. The PAGE-NT tool uses the combin...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Rescue of Miners in Chile

Howdy Mr. Hamilton,Yes, it is a great achievement. I have not seen coverage of the issue of how the subsurface location's coordinates were determined...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: New Policy at NGS

Howdy,I do not know whether California's NGS Advisor, Ms. Ikehara, does this review. I am pretty sure NGS policy is to encourage submittal of mark re...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Settlement Monitoring

Howdy,Here is a direct link to the Deformation engineering manual at USACE site though you can easily find it from the other links provided.I assume t...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: New Policy at NGS

FWIW,The announcement includes the following: "SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: The National Geodetic Survey has not received a traditional (triangulation o...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: UFCORS

Howdy,IF I understand your question 1 correctly you are wondering why the position in the RINEX observation file(?) differs from the data sheet for th...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: EDM Baseline results - Help

In my view, the original design and implementation of the CBL program was intended to provide a low-cost, easy-to-use tool for practicing surveyors. ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: EDM Baseline results - Help

Why go to all the trouble of going to a CBL and measuring only two segments? While many folks seem happy when their measurement is "close to" the pub...

16 years ago
Page 78 / 78