AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: NGS NCAT Tool Error

Hopefully humorous related topic xkcd cartoon (xkcd.com) Enjoy.?ÿ Now if only everyone could think like an NGS-er...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Training

While likely a troll attempting to generate interest in himself, I will add to Norman Oklahomaƒ??s comments. JT50ƒ??s apocryphal ƒ??least squares adju...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Training

@am95405 I appreciate your aggravation with paying so much for a text that has not been throughly checked. I do not know whether there is an errata w...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GEOID18 - Use it or not?

@john-hamilton I recollect discussions about the use of the crosshairs on digital levels. Basically the argument was that they were used for pointing ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GEOID18 - Use it or not?

@jalbrz The way things work nowadays is that federal agencies are not given enough resources to do what they are mandated to do. Instead they either ƒ...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 890
Reply
RE: GEOID18 - Use it or not?

I recollect projects (not individual submissions like GPSonBM) where offsets from vertically set disks were used. ?ÿ The NGS Instrumentation and Metho...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GEOID18 - Use it or not?

@john-hamilton While I would always argue for more data, I agree that GPS observed on vertical angle heights does not contribute to the hybrid model....

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GEOID18 - Use it or not?

@rover83 Thanks for the link to the changes document. Good resource. I agree that many are not sufficiently interested in the details of the data sho...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GEOID18 - Use it or not?

@john-hamilton Am I incorrect in my recollection that the NAVD88 value reported by OPUS and its variants is merely the the ellipsoid height determine...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GEOID18 - Use it or not?

I just downloaded the datasheet and find many of your issues addressed. See annotated screen capture below: ?ÿ ?ÿ I am curious why the datasheet for a...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GEOID18 - Use it or not?

Looking at the map of differences between GEOID12B and GEOID18 (see SPMPLSƒ??s post for URL), raises some questions in some limited areas. Whatƒ??s th...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GEOID18 - Use it or not?

Looking at the NGS Geoid page, I cannot find a reference to which model is considered ƒ??official.ƒ? Both the 12B and 18 values are shown on NGS data...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the Past GPS

I am surprised to see how many former employees of Geo/Hydro are on this board. I heard some interesting stories from an old colleague who went to wor...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the Past GPS

For photos of the Macrometer see the previous thread:/p> Closest I ever came to one of these was at NGS HQ. ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the Past GPS

Prompted by this thread, I did a little reminiscing about early equipment. I was surprised to see an advertisement for an Allen Osborne Associates Tur...

7 years ago
Page 31 / 78