AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: Need help interpreting these coordinates

@dave-karoly?ÿ Same here except problem exists on other threads (E.g. GEOID12B v Geoid 18). ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help interpreting these coordinates

@wspek UTM zones are NOT time zones. Expanding outward from Prea, I see Fortaleza (a well known site in international geodesy). It is in UTM Zone 30S....

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help interpreting these coordinates

Is this anywhere near your site? Forgot how big Brazil is.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help interpreting these coordinates

contact the surveyors and ask for geodetic coordinates (latitude/longitude) in SIRGAS 2000. My best guess was that they were UTM coordinates because ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: switching from geoid 12b to geoid 18

On the question of which model of ellipsoid-geoid separation, I always recommend the most recent be used. In any event, the choice of which model to u...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: My control is WAY off of orthophotos, why?

The NGS provides a tool to solve the forward problem: solving for an unknown pointƒ??s given starting geographic coordinates, geodetic azimuths and el...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: My control is WAY off of orthophotos, why?

I assume, perhaps unrealistically, that a licensed surveyor would know how to transform a geodetic to a plane azimuth especially since the convergence...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: My control is WAY off of orthophotos, why?

FWIW, ?ÿ I agree with other posters who encouraged you to provide more information. I copy below extracts for a CT classically positioned monument for...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro help to Translate and Rotate

@loyal There is always:    

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Mason Dixon Line

The Mason-Dixon Line Preservation Partnership has a nice site here: There was some controversy, years ago, when the ƒ??preservationistsƒ? were aghas...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Speaking of State Plane...

@john-nolton As I indicated, I was merely quibbling. That said, those interested in the history of geodetic surveys by the USC&GS should enjoy Jo...

7 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Speaking of State Plane...

I would argue (pedantically) that Geodesy in the 1800s was hardly a ƒ??young science.ƒ? As a science centered on the ƒ??size and shape of the Earthƒ?...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Beidou

Why do the Chinese hate Argentina? Iƒ??m joking. No experience with Beidou, just curious about how its data is used in combination with other signals....

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NAVD88 2001 vs 2010(2011)

To supplement MightyMoeƒ??s information, I copied segments of the NGS datasheet for a point in Maryland. Note that at the top of each datasheet is a s...

7 years ago
Page 28 / 78