Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
While ??The Australian Surveyor,? is an excellent resource, I wonder if you have looked for similar studies appearing in journals accessible throug...
If they are associated with an academic institution their faculty page will frequently contain pre-print versions or actual articles. If not, contact ...
@spmpls Subsidence. What subsidence? Obviously this classic photo is an example of a growing power pole...
While the recovery note another amusing example of persons performing recoveries oblivious to the plain reading of the description. I wonder how this ...
First of all, good catch. Careful attention to detail is paramount. Gross, obvious errors are easy to understand; seeming agreement less so. That is ...
FWIW, I always thought a tacheometer was a specialized instrument with moving stadia hairs allowing measurement of distance above or below the vertic...
You mention a possible interest in obtaining a PLS, be aware that there are great variations in the requirements for pursuing licensure. As you mentio...
Or Google it. Like the military, employees work in a hierarchical system. Employees at higher ranks have more responsibilities and get more pay. The...
@steven-metelsky If you read the vacancy announcement you will not see any mention of survey licensure as a qualification. The NGS does not d...
Looks like a great opportunity. I would try for the Woodford, Va as it is the site of the Instrumentation and Methodologies Branch. A lovely site as w...
As my prep school years were spent in the south, they had no problem teaching differentiation but drew the line at integration... (lame attempt at hu...
Another resource is the Technical Memorandum: Images from Appendix I are shown below: ?ÿ ?ÿ
Some historic photos on planetable use: ?ÿ Top left on this page is the planetable head I used in the early 1970s.
this manual is available in digital form via this link: I did planetable work to update charts in the early years of my career. Wow almost fifty ye...
FWIW, Without a better sense of your intended accuracy, the size of the area you plan to map, experience doing such work, I provide only general advi...
This poster is completely wrong!!! It is UTM Zone 24S. What an idiot. Sheesh.
Throughout my life I??ve had a desire to ??unread? much of what I??ve been exposed to. To bad that??s not what it is...
@mightymoe Well, your procedure has been the bain of many projects in my area, it has caused hundreds of thousands of dollars of extra costs ...
@mightymoe The practice advocated by this poster does not make sense. While in a perfect world the three heights: ellipsoid (h), orthometric (H) and ...