AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: Like to see your opinion on this new explanation of Elevation Concepts

While doing some computer link maintenance I came across this excellent resource on heighting at: Like most subjects there are various ways to appro...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS funding

Whenever I hear of the prospect of funding for worthwhile projects or programs, I am always reminded of federal budgeting works. I am also disheartene...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Like to see your opinion on this new explanation of Elevation Concepts

It is always a challenge to find the appropriate level at which to address these issues. That said, I believe you would benefit by reviewing the NGS G...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS benefits to having 4+ hours between observations

While responses to the original post seem centered on the changes in SV constellations, few mention the changes in meteorological conditions one exper...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: RinexDates 1.8

@loyal i confess to not using NOTEPAD in decades. I prefer either Vi/Vim/GVim or “grep” in Unix or a Unix emulator like Cygwin (for Windo...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Collecting Data for NGS

@rover83 As indicated elsewhere in this thread, there is a big difference in the types of surveys users perform. For the most precise surveys the abs...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Collecting Data for NGS

@bill93 The thinking at NGS has always been to gather as much information as possible in order to not only process the observations but also to test ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Collecting Data for NGS

I have always been a fan of check lists and the like. I copy below an NGS Observation Log. It may not be the most recent or may have been superseded. ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Collecting Data for NGS

@larry-scott BTW,is a nice reference for new and experienced GNSS operators. I plead guilty to muddling my post. 

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Collecting Data for NGS

Having been ƒ??sheltered in placeƒ? too long, I annoyingly provide the following excruciating details: 1. The design of the NAVSTAR GPS included the...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Collecting Data for NGS

@john-putnam To spare the OP the need to search, here is a presentation including RINEX file samples:/p>   the RINEX file format is completely...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate Transformation

@base9geodesy Tell Renee Maybe I’ll see her the next time we’re both in Dublin. I’m overdue for another visit. Hope you and yours ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate Transformation

@nezuko216 I prefer to the IERS technical notes available here: Number 38 is for ITRF2014.  As for applying differences in time to your compu...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate Transformation

@nezuko216 Looking at the following IERS page: We see the paucity of stations in Southeast Asia. There is a relatively recent site at Chulalongk...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate Transformation

I note that you refer to the ƒ??original version of WGS 84 with the date 1987. While the original version of NAD 83 is labeled in NGS records as NAD83...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate Transformation

I agree that HTDP is the best tool. I also recommend reading the documentation. For more detailed info on the relationship of WGS and other datums see...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New NAP pub ƒ??Evolving the Geodetic Infrastructure to meet New Scientific Needsƒ? pdf free download

@paul-in-pa You have obviously not read the book (at 141 pages it is hardly an “article). This book highlights the need for a more robust infr...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New NAP pub ƒ??Evolving the Geodetic Infrastructure to meet New Scientific Needsƒ? pdf free download

I do not agree. The document is interesting reading. Especially for those engaged in more challenging work. From Chapter 8, I copy the following: ?ÿ

7 years ago
Page 26 / 78