Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
@john-nolton?ÿ you might like this one. See the caption?? ?ÿ
@john-nolton?ÿ From some old correspondence. I was not involved in the survey. Some info on Big Red and photo of a setup during the McDonald Observa...
Data is available for the BCRK site as seen in the extract from your ??extended output? file. The image shows the number of observations to individ...
@norm?ÿ Not the case in the new datum?? BTW, this point was indicated to be ??not found? in 2018. Is it in fact recoverable? Looking at the as...
Once you resolve what Cartesian system your coordinates are in you can use tools at the following site: In your post you refer to converting XYZ to...
@john-hamilton?ÿ While both Drs. Snay and Pearson left the NGS (in 2010 and 2011 respectively) they remain involved in HTDP and similar modelings wor...
The IAG Site has lots of information about current initiatives in the science. See:/p>
FWIW, I recommend the three links below for more details on the relationship between a reference system and a geodetic datum.?ÿThe first link is to M...
@chris-bouffard?ÿ The depth of frost penetration and soil-type issues are documented in: ?ÿ
After clearing out leaves at this vertical control mark I happened to notice these beasties. Well camouflaged... ?ÿ
When unable to complete a section it was.common to set a TEMPORARY Bench Mark. It would be occupied the next day and was not intended for subsequent u...
@mike-marks?ÿ I like the figures shown in NGS TM 47.
Two additional references of possible interest: ?ÿ ?ÿ
Your second question is wrong. Geodesists do not prefer code over carrier. The best vector reduction aims to solve for the integer bias ambiguity yiel...
@dave-lindell?ÿ My favorite station name is INSANE ECC in DC. I occupied the station in the 1970s lovely view. It is atop a building on the St. Eliza...