AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
foggyidea
foggyidea
@foggyidea
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 9:43 am
Topics: 348 / Replies: 3114
Reply
RE: RTK for ALTA surveys

For random location such as edge of pavement and utilities, why not? The new 2011 proposed regulations now speak to error ellipse etc...so I think t...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: When to Pincushion

Local PracticeI don't understand the practice either. I set a Drill hole in stones, I use concrete bounds with pre-drilled holes, and I'll scribe con...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: When to Pincushion

oh, gotcha now. That's why I mentioned "local practice."

16 years ago
Reply
RE: When to Pincushion

good lord, no! They don't use station markers on the highway's around here. We know where the road is, it's been there since about 1630 or so... p...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Genealogical Society

Introduce them to the probate records and how to use them...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Road and RR as "natural and controlling" monuments??

heh heh heh... you said "inches."yes, and then no for your questions. If I recall them correctly.How can you ever ignore a deed call? i am sure that...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: When to Pincushion

Correct Kent, MHB= Mass. Highway Bound, which is a granite stone bound about 10" x 10" on top and 4' deep.The CB = Concrete Boundnow what's funny (I j...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: When to Pincushion

Would you 'pin cushion' either of these two monuments?I hate this sort of thing myself.... two monuments were held, across the street,a nd several we...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Straddling the tripod legs

Regardless of your practice, I think that there is good field practice and bad field practice and straddling a tripod leg is bad practice, in my book....

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Sole Proprietor - As needed help

If I use someone I run it through our payroll service... I would rather not create problems that I don't need...

16 years ago
Topic
Replies: 39
Views: 2019
Reply
RE: Easiest and hardest places to survey in the US

Easiest and hardest places to survey in the US-SeanYou got that right, and the same description has been carried forward for the past 350 years. Plus...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Easiest and hardest places to survey in the US

Paul, of course you do have to define what is "hard" or "easy."Here in MA, or at least out here on the Cape we have to deal with some bounding descrip...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Oldest solo surveyor?

Only 53, and have 8 years of solo surveying with my wife helping out on occasion. I get sore, I get that "beat up' feeling, and it hurts to move, but ...

16 years ago
Page 165 / 174