Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 22, 2026 3:17 pm
Hi Conrad. Okay, what I should have written was that in my opinion you can't check a tribrach with optical plummet easily in the field. I've tried it ...
wonderful thanks a lot. Looks like a great setup
Hi John - what is the mysterious separate optical plummet you refer to? Do you have a picture or a link?
Posted by: Conrad if you are worried about your tribrachs then check them as often as you like in the field, and then stop worrying. I??m sure you co...
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula works a treat for me. Sometimes at night time I'll put a shi*tload on my hands whilst watching TV and just let it work it...
Posted by: Lee D Ideally I'd agree with you, but traverse kits with the O/P in the prism adapter are expensive yes but so are tribrachs with an optica...
its a great point you make. With your set?ÿ up you can self check things
Posted by: not my real name ?ÿThat way if you sight the point through the optical plummet and then rotate the adapter you can check if you are still c...
the instrument can be rocked at each corner of the tribrach by a few mm until it stops hard against the limiting brackets/plates. does this describe w...
thanks for the replies. Its unfortunate that the package included a junk tripod and tribrach. ?ÿ is the Tri-Max dual clamp the fibreglass one? Looks p...
Hi Norman -I guess its to do with being disappointed with first impressions. Like going into a expensive fine dining restaurant and the menu has coffe...
what worries me is that if the tribrach and tripod is so poor what is the total station and active prism like?
okay guys - many thanks. how accurate is your gun