AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 1091
Reply
RE: 2 point resection

imaudigger, post: 372153, member: 7286 wrote: The solution will be to run a new control loop, with additional off-site control (with metal guard stake...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 2 point resection

imaudigger, post: 371962, member: 7286 wrote: Does anyone have a good calculation worksheet laying around in a cabinet somewhere collecting dust that ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What's in a Name?

I should have posted this in Software & CAD. Webmaster, please repost it there.

10 years ago
Topic
10 years ago
Replies: 1
Views: 384
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 1003
Reply
RE: Suggestions for TOPCON FC-5000 Data Controller

leegreen, post: 369105, member: 2332 wrote: Field Dog, I don't understand your post. The FC5000 is a controller, hardware only. You are asking for sof...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Suggestions for TOPCON FC-5000 Data Controller

I don't understand your post. The FC5000 is a controller, hardware only. You are asking for software options. Which most of your options already exist...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Suggestions for TOPCON FC-5000 Data Controller

I like your idea about adding a disto to measure HI's. That would make my job too easy!

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Suggestions for TOPCON FC-5000 Data Controller

Do you want a simple .csv format for raw data too? Do you want to export your .csv files to third party software? I assume you do a lot of staking, an...

10 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Best Book(s) for Construction and Land surveying terms, definitions, descriptions??

I've always liked The AASHTO "Green Book", available at . The Hydraulic Design Manual (HYD) - Texas Department of Transportation (onlinemanuals.txdot....

11 years ago
Reply
RE: US Survey vs. International Feet

Your post reminded me of my interest in the international foot vs. U.S. survey foot circa 1998. Below are two emails.The first one submitted by me. Th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: CST III Contour Lines

I'm not confused anymore. I had 20:1 backwards. It's for every foot of elevation change therewould be 20 feet of horizontal change. I feel embarrassed...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Plumb bobs are not common anymore

What's a p-gun? We have a plumb bob with a gammon reel in our truck, but we only use it occasionally to lay the string across manholes for measure-dow...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1198
Topic
Replies: 22
Views: 966
Reply
RE: CST III (Field) Help

Thanks for your reply! I think the question is tricky with the inclusion of "rolling brushy terrain" and "chaining." The Standards and Specifications ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: CST III (Field) Help

Thanks for your reply! The Standards and Specifications for Geodetic Control Networks I was looking at does not show any field procedures involving ch...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1217
Page 73 / 80