AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: EFB use in Georgia.

I worked in the field. I was never concerned with SPC, although we once tied a traverse into monuments with SPC values. What field hardware are you ru...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: EFB use in Georgia.

I used the EFB in 1994. Supposedly we were the first Florida surveying company to use it. Brings back memories.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Offset Shots

On second thought. If you were to strike an arc at?ÿx distance from a GPS pole in the top of a 6" to 8" diameter wood fence post, you'd need a pretty ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Offset Shots

I just watched a YouTube video on it. Very cool! What's the maximum tilt angle?

8 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Offset Shots

I was told mine does. I have to learn how to use it.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Offset Shots

Good methodology!

8 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Offset Shots

Interesting. I would love to see the code for that!

8 years ago
Reply
8 years ago
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 27
Views: 2122
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1312
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1229
Reply
RE: How far would you level a benchmark into a site

Assuming your level is in good working order.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Fire Hydrants as Benchmarks

When I was surveying in south Florida, I used to see bench mark descriptions like "Set "x"-cut in north bolt of top flange of fire hydrant located at ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Florida MTS

The only thing that bothers me is setting two traverse points close together. If the two traverse points are 50' apart, I could be taking a 50' backsi...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Florida MTS

I think my use of "primary" and "secondary" traverse points is confusing. There would only be one traverse (control loop). I never knew that a bearing...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Florida MTS

Maybe the PLS wants to do use a bearing-bearing intersection. Maybe the PLS is uncomfortable adjusting the traverse and then adjusting the side shots....

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Florida MTS

The field crews were just discussing how to do what the PLS wants. If we set a "secondary" traverse point close to a "primary" traverse point just to ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Florida MTS

I haven't found anything concerning that yet.

8 years ago
Page 67 / 80