AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: HP48 and HMS Addition Formula

@ppm /<< HMSƒ?? SWAP HMSƒ?? - ƒ??HMS >>/ 'DMS' STO The softkey labeled 'DMS' will be in the VAR menu. If I understand you correctly, you w...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Sproutland

@holy-cow My wife is from Grinnell.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Sproutland

@holy-cow I read your post to my wife. She got a good laugh out of it. She's from western Kansas.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Sproutland

Does the new project involve the forest industry?

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

I work for Orange County Public Works in Florida. Working a second job was addressed within our section earlier this year. As long as your second job ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's Pincushion...

But the engineers like pipe sizes in inches!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

A?ÿcommon problem? Really? Is that really relevant to your case against surveyors who survey for pennies on the dollar??ÿ

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 919
Reply
RE: Goodbye SMI

What SMI survey card are you using? Are you using raw data?

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro-Magnet-Carlsonƒ??s

@mapper6683 Ideally, we should be able to shop ?ÿ la carte for hardware, software, total stations, etc. As you know, companies are hoping you'll keep ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro or Survey Controller

Undoubtedly, it was cheaper to rewrite the software to run in the modern operating system and not to take advantage of it too.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro or Survey Controller

Especially since the younger generation is used to a visual interface with a touchscreen. Also, approximately 65% of the population are visual learner...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro-Magnet-Carlsonƒ??s

@mapper6683 Sorry. I'm a bit confused. Sounded like the sales folks told you survey companies will be writing their own drivers to address incompatib...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro-Magnet-Carlsonƒ??s

@mark-mayer All of our equipment is Topcon, including MAGNET Field software. We have a low incidence of connection issues with our GPS rover. I really...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Mother Teressa would cuss

@norman-oklahoma I understand. The pain I mentioned comes from situations like management telling us to locate all trees six inches and above, then a...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro-Magnet-Carlsonƒ??s

Did your sales folks give you any details on how companies are going to write their own software to overcome pitfalls in equipment manufacturers propr...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Mother Teressa would cuss

Tree surveys are a pain. One company I worked for bid a tree survey by looking at an aerial photograph, which didn't show how dense the trees really w...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

What would you pay a person in this position? The title of this position is demeaning because it doesn't reflect the qualifications required for the p...

7 years ago
Page 59 / 80