AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: Breaking in a new helper.

@flyin-solo I was a bit uncomfortable using this when a female was on my crew.

7 years ago
Reply
7 years ago
Reply
RE: For New Jersey collectors

It is a nice instrument. The built-in compass is certainly a plus for section corner certification. The first instrument I was trained on was one of t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

My wife, an accountant, once told me a certain percentage of profit should go towards capital expenditure. Are those DOS programs you describe used fo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Replacement Part for Bipod

Thanks to everyone who replied. I appreciate it!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scribed Monument

I never got back with my crew to the monument. I'm on the county's version of medical leave due to a lower back problem. I was confused with the meani...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying ain't work

Excellent point! I'm all for the documenting. When I got back to surveying in 2012 after an eleven year hiatus, I was happy that the company I was wor...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

I agree. I just think that excuses for not mentoring and training personnel are as pathetic as excuses for not checking prism pole bubbles, tribrachs,...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

We try to mentor people here at the county. Fortunately our pace isn't as fast as private companies, so we have more time for mentoring. Lack of train...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

If I had my own company, only to address safety concerns, e.g., working in heavily-congested roads or areas frequented by venomous snakes, mountain li...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scribed Monument

@bill93 We never checked the sides of the monument for "1/4 S." One of the scribed lines is pretty deep, like it was made with a saw. It's definitely ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scribed Monument

@daniel-ralph We haven't discussed what we're going to clean it with yet. Any suggestions?

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scribed Monument

I just found another CCR, written in 1997, on LABINS. No mention of the monument being scribed. The CCR we had with us today was written in 2004.

7 years ago
Topic
7 years ago
Replies: 7
Views: 690
Reply
RE: Enough Locks for Ya?

@rkinnie Now I've seen it all!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Enough Locks for Ya?

@mike-marks A practical solution.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Enough Locks for Ya?

@mark-mayer That's crazy!

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 1229
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 804
Page 60 / 80