AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
EFBURKHOLDER
EFBURKHOLDER
@efburkholder
Member Founder
Joined: May 18, 2011 9:43 am
Last seen: August 16, 2026 7:04 pm
Topics: 8 / Replies: 116
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

I tried to post a reply but apparently have not yet been successful. What gives?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

Andy, It is not every day one needs to traverse a parallel of latitude - but it can be done with the right tools. And, it appears you are working in ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Land Surveyor vs Geomatics Engineer

Following is a quote from the "Introduction" to chapter 5, in "The 3-D Global Spatial Data Model" written by me and published by CRC Press in 2008. "G...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Hypothesis testing

I really appreciate the insights and assistance. On an intuitive level I feel somewhat comfortable but when it comes to those specific mathematical fo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Hypothesis testing

I had access to Star*Net in the computer lab at NMSU and really liked using it. However I am more of a novice than an expert with it.I sincerely appr...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Hypothesis testing

If I need a disclaimer, the aluminum tablet was in place long before I arrived on campus.Anyway, we get very little rain here which might delay corros...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Hypothesis testing

Thanks, I believe my mistake was logging off right away, then attempting to edit after logging back in. I've edited postings before but it was frustr...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Hypothesis testing

OK, I give up. I've tried for 60 minutes to make two edits to the post.There should be a space following the word "Edition" and readers are asked to ...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 1187
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

I promised earlier to post a follow-up. This is it.I apologize for taking so long, but my distractions this week included several grandkids and a payi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

John,Thanks for the feedback. After sleeping on it and reading your posts, I'll be posting a revised summary later today. For example, I will re-com...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

After reading the interesting comments of others, I just could not resist adding my two cents. See The agreement is quite impressive.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

Mr. Penry,That is a fascinating post - lots of historical significance. I read the associated article and have questions - I'll contact you through y...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: METERS TO FEET

EWWW - smells good if you are willing to learn some history.Why would anyone mess with existing fraction - for short history see link.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Derived Basis of Bearing Plat Statement

Upon reading the post I realized I should have stated that grid bearings ARE different by exactly 180 degrees.I tried to "edit" the post but forget ho...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Derived Basis of Bearing Plat Statement

This is another thread to be archived (remember, I'm gathering material for the second edition of my 3-D book). The original post is legitimate and m...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 851
Reply
RE: Geometric Datum of 2022 and State Plane Coordinate System

Shawn,Go to item #19 at the list of articles. Or, buy and read the book (but all the information is posted on-line.There are no secrets, there is no ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Geometric Datum of 2022 and State Plane Coordinate System

This is an interesting topic/thread - lots of ideas are floated some good and some not so good. Good or bad, I invite serious consideration of the fo...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: How high is the state plane grid?

I'm not so sure the "grid" has a heightI believe Dave is on to something here. Consider: 1. There is a difference between a graphical projection and ...

12 years ago
Page 1 / 7