AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: What am I missing?

I agree with BillYeah, I agree the outcome of an argument over it "should" result in what common sense would indicate is the intent of the language as...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: What am I missing?

I agree with BillI agree. The way they worded it causes problems. Tract one can't have an easement across it to itself. Because the fifty foot easem...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Upon or Along?

Yeah, I agree. If you don't know exactly where it is, then you say "with". Seems like an intentional abiguity when writing about something one is no...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Unique calls

"A fish plate is a Greek pottery vessel used by western, Hellenistic Greeks during the Fourth Century B.C. Although invented in Fifth-Century B.C. Ath...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Unique calls

Fish Plate. Darn sturdy monument but had me going the first time. The internet makes it so much easier to research stuff like this.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Building Permit in Vermont

Lots of small towns don't have zoning but still have codes. The problem with no codes are you do end up seeing houses instead of trees around the lak...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Question

NO.Not on the facts presented.But I bet there's more to it than that.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring - Ring

Ring - Ring panties in a wad ??? he's reasonable says me !!"The architect would have to assert he is incompetent to claim liability from the surveyor....

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring - Ring

Ring - Ring panties in a wad ??? he's reasonable says me !!Peter,I usually agree with your take on things. In this instance I'm really uncomfortable ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Erroneous surveys

Well, the court will presume it's correct. However, my take on that is the effect is to prevent argument over minor ambiguity. If the 24 year old su...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Erroneous surveys

Well, that's all I'm getting at. How do we really circumvent that darn quickie dickie survey? A decent surveyor surveyed next to this and picked up ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Erroneous surveys

Erroneous surveys-DuaneDeral,Another good point!

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Erroneous surveys

James,That's a different issue. The ancient document rule allows maps into evidence without them being "authenticated" by direct testimony; an except...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Real World Example

DuaneKris,I know, that's what I'm afraid of. Those that do good work are reduced to the same level as those that don't. I've struggled with this iss...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Real World Example

"The best idea I've had so far is to talk to the neighbor and see if he'd be OK with setting a new one where the map says it should be...."Is landowne...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Erroneous surveys

"Without some special circumstance the 1990 survey has no intrinsic effect on anything, so why fix a non-existent problem?"I thought we were going on ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Erroneous surveys

The plats in question were relied on by the parties. There was no discussion of recording or constructive notice. I'm assuming neither was recorded....

16 years ago
Page 95 / 97