AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Another entry into the Education/Apprenticeship debate

What debate?For those that missed it; formal education in the topic to be practiced is a requirement for legal classification as a professional (for b...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Does the easement exist?

In a phased project, where there is no other reason for the easement in an unapproved as yet phase, wouldn't the certification have language accepting...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: J.W. Glidden

RIP JOBO, we loved you too!

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Does the easement exist?

No, it's not even an offer yet. The only way it could exist in any jurisdiction is if it was mandated by the municipality for some other use as a cond...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: latent ambiguity

This is a great (although not uncommon) example of regulatory creep. Sure, it seems to make sense to have reviewers and MTS and reasonable regulatory...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The Marine Railway

That's interesting, but I wonder how one could prove that after so long a time. I mean, there are all kinds of scenarios that would result in all evi...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Which description controls?

The first part of course. The last paragraph is a habendum clause basically and as such can not control over specifics in the body of the description...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-Owner Riparian Rights

See sections K, L, M, N of the link I posted. Unless things have changed since 1997 in MI law, or there is misinterpretation in the document, I see t...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Contour Line Question

Change the contour style to triangles and contours. Then you can add and delete TIN lines to where they should be. Then modify the contour style, th...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-Owner Riparian Rights

MI riparian report thru 1997This may help, although it is dated.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: I could see the fumes

Of course you may be right, and maybe you run into this stuff all the time. But you did say the construction company got the contract, and then the c...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: I could see the fumes

I think you have identified the problem and I wouldn't necessarily fault the other surveyor so quickly. If the contract says I'll be given NAD83 to w...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-Owner Riparian Rights

I can't recall anything MI specific, but the trend nationwide is to more public rights if the question is public v. private. This has been made quite...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: how long?

Seems blazing fast to me. Different areas, but might take me that long just to find that many monuments. The topo needs work though. Roads and ditc...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Merry Christmas from SurveyorConnect

Back at you Wendell (and Angel). I saw some of the earlier posts and wish you both a better year than the last.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Does this superman surveyor exist?

Just curious; which part do you find out of the ordinary for a PLS? Seems reasonable to me, so I'm kind of surprised at the heading and replys. Or i...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Are "Referral Fees" ever Ethical?

Sure, it's a social contract. And if the public decides they want that contract to eliminate the surveyors ability to engage in commerce, they can do...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: ACSM Code of Ethics

I agree. The study of ethics is important because by definition the questions are tough ones that defy standardized rules. The legal profession has c...

13 years ago
Page 55 / 97