AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
Reply
RE: Important Signficant Figures Question

The engineering textbook I use states fractions must be converted to thousandths in decimal form. So the conversion is you need to be within 0.021 fe...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: "thence along said property line"

"along said property line"What was "said" before this? The east line of the west parcel, or the west line of the east parcel? I've seen it either wa...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Another what would you do?

Why are you holding the existing pipes in the old roadbed? Maybe the 210 goes further west! Not enough info..

13 years ago
Reply
RE: easement document

Actually, it is more akin to a fee ownership; but not really. An easement that doesn't state a purpose is fine. It usually will be deemed an easemen...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D help getting oriented

Jim, all you have to do is click on a point (or window all of them), then you get a new ribbon up top. I wish I had it in front of me, but I think it...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: OK, since we're talking about descriptions,

Just sketching but, I get a reasonable looking figure by making 2 changes where courses go in unreasonable directions. Fourth course change to N E, a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Starting a description from a coordinate

I would set the one point well out of the wetland area, make it as permanent as possible, put it somewhere near good physical ties, good reception, an...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: OK, since we're talking about descriptions,

I've retraced similar. In the ones I was involved with they meant what they said. From east to north 8 deg.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: 101 things survey flagging is good for (It's Friday)

The best time I had with flagging was putting a roll on the bosses back bumper and tying the loose end onto the truck. Somewhere along it falls off a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The BLM Manual

So what part don't you understand? I know mandatory cont. ed. has its problems (many of the same points mentioned and some that have not been), but w...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Court Citation

Sure, but they can also be very informative and important. It depends. Ignore the trial courts at your own peril.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Court Citation

Well, that's kinda true. But, it would be a mistake to only study higher level cases looking for controlling law. It is the trial courts that weigh ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Law Articles - Confusion

How to pick cases is what controls who wins. As a surveyor you can help the attorney do that. Basically, you look for cases that most closely match ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA Zone A1 ?

Me too. My contracts for EC work always include a statement recommending flood insurance no matter what the form or the lender says. This is a good ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Another entry into the Education/Apprenticeship debate

Yes it's always going to be difficult, and it should be. I got my education commuting long distances, raising kids, working, going back time and agai...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Another entry into the Education/Apprenticeship debate

mr frymire, please clarifyGood post Ralph. You don't need to reject standardized curriculum to have specialization though. For instance all civil en...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA Zone A1 ?

Yes, I have had that happen. The regulations say that federally insured lenders must require flood insurance if the structure is in the flood zone, b...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Another entry into the Education/Apprenticeship debate

What debate?Dave, not sure what your point is. Generally I think people are better at making their point (in writing or speech) the more formal educa...

13 years ago
Page 54 / 97