AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Age old PLSS question

MightyMoe, post: 355552, member: 700 wrote: I don't have any issue, the only issue is that the strip needs to be dealt with, my intention is to help t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Age old PLSS question

MightyMoe, post: 355134, member: 700 wrote: Rancher owns a 40, sells to a gov agency the south 30 Acres, Then sells to a private concern the N2N2 of t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Establishment Doctrines...

Dave Karoly, post: 354598, member: 94 wrote: That is the danger of writing a book or anything, someone is sure to misuse it. Someone we all know comp...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Establishment Doctrines...

LRDay, post: 354267, member: 571 wrote: That's some great insight! I'm glad my post got such a reply. Yeah, I don't think we should be surprised that...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Establishment Doctrines...

Tom Adams, post: 354232, member: 7285 wrote: Put me down there, to bring it above 10. Skelton is probably my favorite read in survey manuals, and it'...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Establishment Doctrines...

Tom Adams, post: 354227, member: 7285 wrote: I would attribute that to the fact that law is basically a man-made science, whereas rocket science would...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Establishment Doctrines...

LRDay, post: 354066, member: 571 wrote: What that implies is that land surveyors are not professionals, not capable of being professionals and therefo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Establishment Doctrines...

Dave Karoly, post: 353987, member: 94 wrote: What I find frustrating is the improper and overly technical application of legal principles such as orig...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Does the road or the deed calls control

dnelson80, post: 351925, member: 9396 wrote: I can shed some light on these questions as I am the friend John mentioned. An attorney asked me to surve...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is It Time To Change Surveying Licensure?

Warren Smith, post: 352364, member: 9900 wrote: Hard to believe, but you can sit for the Bar exam based upon "reading the law" under the tutelage of a...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is It Time To Change Surveying Licensure?

Beau_Immel, post: 352070, member: 8320 wrote: Posted before I was done writing. Starting to rant but I wanted one more thing in there. I too am not ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Minnesota Supreme Court Case Regarding Center of Section Location

linebender, post: 351823, member: 449 wrote: So this was 1927. What has occurred in the past 90 years since in the MN court system? The court stated "...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is It Time To Change Surveying Licensure?

James Fleming, post: 351709, member: 136 wrote: Hijack, but online tuition and fees are just as outrageous in the U.S. (if not overall as expensive) a...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is It Time To Change Surveying Licensure?

Zoidberg, post: 351703, member: 8841 wrote: Sr LS positions are VERY rare in NY. I believe DEC has around 2-3 positions statewide, and DOT has 12 posi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is It Time To Change Surveying Licensure?

Zoidberg, post: 351690, member: 8841 wrote: Public sector surveyors (working for NYS), fresh out of college with a degree and not yet licensed would s...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Minnesota Supreme Court Case Regarding Center of Section Location

MightyMoe, post: 351621, member: 700 wrote: County surveyor?? There were no county surveyors here setting corners for entrymen, they did it themselves...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is It Time To Change Surveying Licensure?

RADAR, post: 351508, member: 413 wrote: It all boils down to the one thing that drives everything; MONEY. How much does an entry level surveyor, with ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is It Time To Change Surveying Licensure?

Jesse06, post: 351380, member: 10904 wrote: Hi I am a Party Chief in Texas with 9+ years of field surveying experience. To be licensed in TX I have to...

11 years ago
Page 38 / 97