Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: July 14, 2026 12:19 pm
I assume that you have run this by the local authorities to make sure there are no zoning/platting issues. They should be able to tell you the format ...
Not useless at all if you can actually locate the site; there would be a lot of folks interested in that. I need to dig out my Dodds book one of these...
Hey Bill. From the amount of views and the lack of responses, I would say that none of us knows the answer. Is this located in southern Iowa?
Re the recording of ALTA surveys: we would always strip out all the topo features and other non boundary info and file the remaining retracement plat ...
I thought this post would open up some good discussions, and some of it has been good. However, there appears to be some thought that a title line is ...
Perhaps two different situations would be helpful here: Situation 1: you find all the original undisturbed corner monuments and they agree closely wi...
Thanks for your post. It should open up some good discussions. Before I could respond further can you give us your definition of “title lines”.
A full topo survey with “record boundary lines” included is a very ambiguous phrase. Sounds like a possible shortcut to avoid paying for a boundary su...
This question has often come up in workshops/conferences. It would certainly be state specific. Some states ( I have no idea how many) would require y...
It sounds like you have good reasons to believe that some of the line T posts were not set next to the original line wood stakes. And the landowner ma...
If the person locating the monuments represents them as property corners(and why else would they be finding them?), then that falls under the practice...
@bill93 More than there probably should be considering all the resources available for Surveyors now. Decades ago we did not have the opportunities t...
Quite a few years ago, a small town in IA needed to know their exact city limits boundaries. Very few surveys of record and almost no lot corners or b...
@brad-ott Purely on a per square footage or square miles, the urban runoff is much greater than farm land. Notwithstanding the unreliability of the F...
@bill93 I would think so. It’s just kind of the vague statement which could be misinterpreted. It would be interesting to see the adjoini...
Hopefully it was not written by a Land Surveyor and a proper boundary survey would probably reveal some issues. I am curious about the phrase ??toge...
@bill93 Good question Bill. The Minimum Standards for Property Surveys under the Administration rules spells out what is required for every property ...
To the first paragraph, I would say "almost always". The first surveyor is usually the original surveyor and if done "in good faith" the courts will h...
@adam Adam is on point. A boundary survey is a boundary survey and must comply with your state code requirements. If you are in a recording state, th...