AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: question

...if you have been surveying for 10 or 15 years, you should have a strong grasp on the mathematics and be able to calculate manually with a non progr...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Seeking Repeating Signature

The board apparently since they have us submit a copy of it when applying for license.I cant even imagine someone checking my signature unless somethi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Seeking Repeating Signature

Who cares if the signature is wildly different? But, Bluebeam Revu offers batch digital signing over multiple sheets.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx7

Carlson’s BRx7’s and SurvPC use a method they call SureFix.I thought you had to subscribed to the Atlas service to get the SureFix. Does Carlson offer...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild-Heerbrugg ST4 Mirror Stereoscope and Parallax Bar

From 2016? If you want this sort of stuff check out/p>

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Wetland Survey Insanity

It’s essentially a land grab. No matter how small the delineated areas are, they will have some sort wetlands buffer applied to them based on their “r...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Wetland Survey Insanity

There is this type of wetland that is created by trees (generally cedars according to the wetland guys) growing, falling, growing, etc. Creates this a...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Impact of apparent ROW cost on survey time

I tend to avoid involving myself in projects where there more than one survey firm will be involved. Not my cup of tea and I don’t want to get involve...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Impact of apparent ROW cost on survey time

"The prime is saying that due to the higher ROW acquisition cost, the surveyor needs more time/crew to do their work, which I can’t comprehend why!Wel...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

“Shouldn’t you run your loop, adjust it if you must or need to, holding a single benchmark?” Not necessarily. If your purpose is to densify an existin...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

"...we were told to incorporate three additional published BMs into the run for adjustment purposes." Glad you had a great end to your work week, so ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

Run a "trig level" in Carlson with a fixed rod. I only say that because the routine will balance your run and it is very slick for when there is a lot...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: How would you calculate this deed?

"I see you added the 14 chains in your example. The course in the court case was stated as “thence East to the section line between sections 17 and 18...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: How would you calculate this deed?

"I changed some elements of the case to get more out of the discussion." You also change the answer...facts matter.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: How would you calculate this deed?

Absent other information, I am holding that first surveyor's work. No one complained about it for 70 years now and the land owners all relied on it? I...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

My question is always...is there a way to know if it is stolen?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Staffing

"infrastructure, energy, renewables, transportation, etc. still seems to be going strong." This spending stays during recessions. One thing that gener...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Staffing

"I think that you may have missed my point. Is the reversal happening now?" Yes, we have been in a recession for about a year now. The housing market ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GA52cx vs Maggie version

"There have been many a weed knocked down by an overly enthusiastic crewman." $1000 locator, brush beater, hammer, pry bar...it is useful for all sor...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx7

"These are aspirational." That sums it up nicely. And, BTW, your idea of different solutions with the same results is essentially what JAVAD claimed...

2 years ago
Page 8 / 155