AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: Virtual Pincushions

I am running a line. I find a series of line stakes shown on the plat. Each of the stakes is 0.1' to 0.2' feet within being on my calculated line. 1. ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Tree height tool

Disto would work fine

2 years ago
Reply
RE: 5' off

The usual solution is to run a site configuration against your control points Either you check in and configure (localize), or you have nothing

2 years ago
Reply
RE: The state of the Profession (in Oregon)

The correct answer is: The scope of this question exceeds my ability to truthfully answer.When asked about suitability and professional reputation, if...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: The state of the Profession (in Oregon)

The Licensure Agency is not looking for social information, only cold, hard facts related to one’s knowledge of the applicant’s work.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: The state of the Profession (in Oregon)

What the world is going on here? 1. A zombie thread. 2. Resurrected to publicly complain to about a professional's hesitation to verify your experien...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica TS16, R500, 3"

I think a TS16 is robotic by definition...

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Linked In

LinkedIn is how I get head hunters to bother me. (Joke) I mainly use it to see who I am talking to. Say someone I never worked with before calls me or...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Official City map vs iron pins

Most municipal attorneys count on the uninformed public to accept the concept you’ve just regurgitated. Every city I am aware of makes it the responsi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Stonex S900 GNSS Base & Rover Kits

I didn’t think Carlson SurvCE/PC would work with the Stonex S900s in North America? Carlson has a geofence that limits certain brands to outside the U...

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Michigan State Specific

I know that one! This link has a lot of great resources for someone attempting to understand the state specific laws and issues for surveyors in Wash...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Court says drone pilot can’t offer mapping without NC surveyor’s license

Ok, the guy makes a map...but so does Google, and it has topo info, etc etc etc... So does every GIS dude in the world. If it is put on a white shee...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Official City map vs iron pins

are likely not telling you the complete story, and most of you step right into the trap, everytime. Almost always the case here. If they wanted real a...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: question

If you remove the logic of having to manually calculate, that means that you assert that advanced mathematics in the degree program are not necessary....

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Official City map vs iron pins

If the official city map was filed at around the time of the completion and shows a 60′ ROW (or easement), it really does not matter what pipes set la...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Official City map vs iron pins

The disagreement, is about if the map or the iron pipes (that may or may not be old survey markers) rule the final outcome.That is a decision for the ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Levelling a total station & error

Which makes resected setups all the more attractive to me. Resections can be dangerous in the wrong hands, but I love to use them.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble S9 .05" HALF Sec DR Plus Vision TSC7 Robotic Total Station

I’m just relaying what I was told, but maybe there’s an instrument expert lurking around here that can better explain. I will have to ask my tech. Wou...

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Trimble S9 .05" HALF Sec DR Plus Vision TSC7 Robotic Total Station

Gotta be careful with robots; Trimble repair tech in my city told me the laser inside them degrades whether it’s used or not and can’t be repaired or ...

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: question

...it’s to many problems I’m planning to do half the book then take the test again. is that a good strategy?? or should I just do the whole book ? the...

2 years ago
Page 7 / 155