AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: Training for button pushers

How do you teach experience…This is a relevant question. Experience only results in skill if it is acquired in the correct context. Accountability, an...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Creating a KMZ for Site Pictures

Pictures are a no-brainer. I tell my guys to take pictures all the time. The storage of data is basically free at this point. Sure field notes and sh...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Air Travel & Carrying Equipment

a rifle case containing the rod and bipod Ummm, where does the rifle go?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Description by Map only

We do this whenever possible. Why not all the time? Cost of creating an ROS map + High and rising costs of recording + slightly longer = not the typic...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: California Survey Costs

@jhframe We all lose when the county charges $2500 to review the survey and another less law abiding surveyor flags a line for $2000.If the county is...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: I have a Sonarmite but no boat. Suggestions?

I have a warehouse with ample space to store a boat and trailer, I would imagine that making a safety check run on that boat a few times a year would ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What causes GNSS blunders when you have "fix"?

It would be interesting to see a Javad in there with the V6 processing and see if it did what was claimed.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Land grant names for sovereign nations

In English areas, I believe the King granted charters to companies that gave them rights to certain areas of land. I assume the land was still technic...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What causes GNSS blunders when you have "fix"?

DMY, would it be more appropriate to say that the receiver had fix (it determined a whole number of carrier cycles) albeit an incorrect one? I would s...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What causes GNSS blunders when you have "fix"?

OleManRiver...providing a field guide to not screwing the pooch when using GNSS in cover. I agree with the whole thing.

2 years ago
Reply
2 years ago
Forum
Reply
2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections, Triangulated

<div></div>any chance we could get a TWP and Range? Or post the plat with T and R redacted? People and their thinking that everyone cares ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What causes GNSS blunders when you have "fix"?

<div></div> Point 301502 shows a fixed solution type with 0.064′ precision over a 59 second observation. What was the vertical precision?...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What causes GNSS blunders when you have "fix"?

A point gets staked or tied & when you go back to check it, you’re a meter or so out even though you have fix and the DC was reporting low residua...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Virtual Pincushions

The days of property owners knowing their bounds are rapidly fading into the past. Without reliance has the corner set been accepted? I try to avoid s...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Virtual Pincushions

Have you ever set a lot corner in a subdivision and when you drove by the next day observe that it was in a different location? It had been moved appr...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Virtual Pincushions

One thing is to keep in mind is that the entire monument is the corner. Times like this I miss McMillimeter and his punch marks. 😉

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Invalid Leap Second TBC

Do you get a prorated discount on your fees for the time you cant use TBC?

2 years ago
Page 6 / 155