AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: TN Man loses property due to not recording his deed

Just here watching the beat down on mulambda382.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Measuring a shot put throw at the Olympics.

Close, they measure from the center of the circle, and subtract the radius of the circle.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Spiral Curves Blah

Intersect the tangents and fillet a curve using the record radius. Explain what I did and why on the record of survey. This produces a retraceable lin...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Spiral Curves Blah

I’m at a bit of a loss as how to handle the spiral curve though. When I’ve worked with horizontal curves in the past I get the tangents set and then l...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Measuring a shot put throw at the Olympics.

I’m going to have to incorporate the use of a 6″ carpenter’s level in my field operations. It must be way more accurate than the vile level or dual-ax...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Measuring a shot put throw at the Olympics.

It was the first article I found, but the point is that I had no idea that Leica had an "athletics" module for their software, like they do for roads,...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Measuring a shot put throw at the Olympics.

Here is how to use the Leica TS16 for athletics

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Measuring a shot put throw at the Olympics.

I wonder if they are on grid or ground? Maybe measure from 3 locations in both D and R and then least square adjust? The rod with the low prism is ind...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Measuring a shot put throw at the Olympics.

You can see the total station off to the left, but when you watch the video, but I did not see anyone using a rod...but perhaps. Also, it would be a r...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Another "good" one

A basis of bearings is between two physical points, that were actually visited. Calling a plat or a SPC as the basis of bearings is simply unacceptab...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: LOOKING FOR TOPCON HIPER RECEIVER (BASE) IN WORKING CONDITION

You should be able to use this with network corrections as well... But there looks like there are a ton of these on ebay.

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Description by Map only

Local Planning Dept wants a M&B description on all subdivision plats. I was asked to provide a legal description for each lot on a plat once... Lo...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Description by Map only

Be specific. I dont get the feeling that YOU have any interest in learning, but in case someone finds this that does: This: Lot 1, Block 5 Plat of Jim...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Training for button pushers

Once they get in the general search area, they should really put that thing away and open their eyes and start looking around for the feintest of sign...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Description by Map only

Pray tell, what am I misunderstanding?And please be specific.I was. Why do you want me to repeat it?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Utility Easement

My first personal encounter with this issue goes back to my early years of serving on a Rural Water District Board of Directors. We had a case where t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Description by Map only

It is not unusual here in NJ to come across deeds that include only a reference to a tax map and lot and block number and, for some strange reason, it...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Description by Map only

Because of the statute of frauds.CAD, GIS, and GNSS were a few years out in the 1700’s, so the few that could read/write had to memorialize the transe...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Training for button pushers

I think the first question to ask is if the button pusher even wants to move beyond that.They are the first laid off.

2 years ago
Page 5 / 155