AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: Cheapest drone LiDAR and photogrammetry?

Almost all the software out there allows for a free demo. I would highly suggest looking at Carlson's solution. It is straightforward and cloud based....

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rounding Error

@dave-karoly?ÿ You would think that would be the case...and an aliquot part down to a nominal 5 acres used to work, meaning that such a subdivision m...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rounding Error

Are you hand drawing contours??ÿ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rounding Error

That is my thought as well. Where I place the rebar is where the corner is. Where I place the monument is the centerline of the street. Why would I pl...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rounding Error

If the minimum lot size is 100 feet wide, I would suppose some might argue that you can only fit 9 in there. That is why the code should include sign...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rounding Error

Why not just draw the lines parallel? Then the auto works. It seems like a strange idea to not have the lines actually be parallel in the dwg.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rounding Error

Yes. That is when your survey expires!

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Certificate

Bluebeam.?ÿ If you had it, you would never want to be without it.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The Myth of Mobility for Professional Land Surveyors

And to be clear, I believe deregulation would probably hurt the public in the short term. I doubt it would hurt good surveyors much, if at all.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The Myth of Mobility for Professional Land Surveyors

@duane-frymire ?ÿ You essentially, it seems, are arguing for deregulation? Am I understanding correctly? ?ÿ ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Estimating Time

typical in our area is about 5 times that $700...now I know why Angie's List lies to the people around here telling them they should be able to get a ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rounding Error

Option 4 ?ÿ Show each length, and the overall length. Whenever someone asks, use the opportunity to explain significant digits, and then apologize f...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Small unmanned watercraft needed

@antcrook?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ the rental price looks fairly reasonable.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Issues on Commercial Property

Are the improvements in? Do you think they will make them remove them? If the end result is that they do not have to remove improvements or change t...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Issues on Commercial Property

It sounds like it was discovered, and commented, just never resolved.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Those interesting finds

Having grown up in AK, I had no desire to hunt for bear, either brown or black. They can be difficult to put down cleanly and humanely. And, I never w...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Denied access

This is simply not the case. Adverse possession is the prime example. The court is not giving anything away (they have no right to). Unless by title w...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Insurance Co. client without a contract?

Unless the attorney is YOUR attorney, their answer is pretty irrelevant. You can tell if they are YOUR attorney by the feeling in your backside after ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Denied access

@chris-bouffard?ÿ Given your story, we must remember that police do not make judicial decisions. Their primary goal at that point is to keep the peac...

5 years ago
Page 41 / 155