AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: Who knows how much weight they haul in their trucks?

We always ran 3/4 ton Suburbans until that model got priced and optioned out of work truck status.?ÿ We did run a Toyota Tundra, with upgraded rear s...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: This 'ere 3D printer is a great lark

@jimcox?ÿ what kind of printer? Getting a good (but not too good) a bond on the build surface is sometimes difficult. Have you tried playing with th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

I completely agree. The most important thing is to get everyone home safely. I was just responding to NZ that the fine from OSHA is just the start in ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Center of Section

not to reply to myself, but it seems that if there is an overlap, then there are all sorts of issues. We have a survey we are working on where a surve...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Center of Section

Depends...?ÿ 🙂 ?ÿ I assume someone showed the center of section on a recorded survey at some point before the plat existed? Given the stated facts...

5 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@lukenz?ÿ 10k is just the fine. I am sure the litigation cost more than that.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

In WA, 4' high requires fall protection.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

I have run into this before. The excavator/foundation sub wants some thing that I did not feel was safe. In those cases, we almost always were contrac...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Temperature & Pressure

200000' shot with an edm? Does anyone know what the record is??ÿ I know they had a prism on summit for the 1992 measurement of Everest. No idea if th...

5 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Considering becoming a surveyor. AI, engineering degree, snakes, and demand.

Can still do it with only OJT in Washington state. No degree required. Not sure if you would pass the test without the book learning, however.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Beer 30 has been monumented

And, for a mea culpa...when I was new at this, I set a lead and tack in the top of a keystone wall. Now, the capstone was glued down with mastic, but ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Beer 30 has been monumented

That is very possibly a temporary control point...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Beer 30 has been monumented

But the hole in the concrete is permanent. I used to put them in expansion joints when I first started. I quickly learned that was a bad idea. If, how...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Double Proportion

Out front of my office is a quarter corner...the location of which was disputed by about half a foot by two of the most respected and prolific surveyo...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rounding Error

"exact dimension" = what does that even mean? That always involves precision. And, if we say it is 0.01' in every 100 feet, that is fine, but you cann...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Cheapest drone LiDAR and photogrammetry?

This is good advice. Paying a pilot to fly and get the imagery isn't too much more expensive than paying a field crew to fly a drone for a day.?ÿ

5 years ago
Page 40 / 155