AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: We found all six, good to a tenth.

I will admit that I thought the same thing...if you found the six monuments to start with, no need for the traverse!

5 years ago
Reply
RE: You know why you no see?

I dug a three foot deep hole in the middle of a dirt road once. Found nothing. It might have been at 3.5 feet, but I hit my limit. I often wonder abou...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: That Pythagoras guy

As always, asking a police officer what the law is can be fraught with danger. Kind of like asking an engineer about surveying. It appears that at le...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: That Pythagoras guy

Pulling into the center lane is pretty standard practice around here. That middle lane is no man's land.?ÿ Additional research indicates that this ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: MSL height difference with different brands

Of course, they knew better. Interesting decision.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Roundabout

?ÿ Roundabouts save money, eliminate T accidents (which are some of the worst for fatalities), do not lose power, have no lights to replace, calm the...

5 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Best practise for surveying boundaries?

At this point, which is more likely? A sloppy backsight setup combined with a total station on maladjusted legs, or a bad fix with GNSS. I know my op...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Best practise for surveying boundaries?

Just had a 2-bit rebar arguement. Plat has all the corners monumented with 3/4" iron pipes with caps. They show up on multiple surveys, including min...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Best practise for surveying boundaries?

@frozennorth?ÿ Ok, what precision is the minimum? Where I work, it is codified. If you cannot attain that for some reason, you are asked to note the ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Old school skills

No to everything...except: ?ÿ Used a right-angle/90 degree prism for rough grade stakeout or station/offset work? YES Used a top mount or stand al...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Best practise for surveying boundaries?

This is my perspective. The "black box" of the GNSS reduces all sorts of mistakes. But, it is also much harder to know when something went wrong, espe...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Best practise for surveying boundaries?

Some of the best surveys I have ever done didn't involve any fancy equipment at all.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Best practise for surveying boundaries?

Fobos, ?ÿ I would suggest that you dive into a bit of reading about precision, accuracy, error, etc. GNSS is simply a tool, like a steel tape, a tot...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: breaking down sections over and over

"I am a surveyor and I am here to help." Is that now the scariest thing for a homeowner to hear??ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: breaking down sections over and over

Regarding the OP, what does the narrative say. It looks like the west "section line" is just a tie up from the quarter corner. Graphically shown these...

5 years ago
Page 39 / 155