AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: What are the Leica iCON total stations ?

Active prisms are nice for layout with a bunch of total stations at once on a single floor. But, since I am not a carpenter, I have no use for them.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Gps on BM

To be fair, while we might think "anything is better than nothing", in their world, they are (understandably) hesitant to mix data types. As state abo...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Bearing rotation stake out error

When rotating onto control, I always had my initial observations in one file, copied the coordinates into a new job(file) and worked on them.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: BRx7 vs. Javad

@bama7x57?ÿ ?ÿ Did the Hemisphere work with Carlson data collector??ÿ Beware that where Carlson markets their receivers, they do not support hemisph...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Point Description Coding

An easy solution to this is to put an "_" (underscore) or some other symbol at the beginning and instead of spaces in between words:?ÿ BOL _LEANING_B...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Point Description Coding

?ÿ ?ÿ I found the key is to always have sets of 3 point curves, and bull noses never work, you need to put a PC/PT on the point of that nose. Sure, ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Gps on BM

Oh my, you are trying to apply common sense. Stop it.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Building layout issues

Communication is key in those situations. AND leadership from the general. If they do not exercise oversite and leadership, then it won't work anyway....

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Using LLC's (independent contractors) as field crews.

What's the difference? If a survey is prepared, surely the drafting and map making are integral to the final record.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Recommendation for Digital Level

?ÿ ?ÿThat is the issue. Junk and all the rest has a real cost. ?ÿ They have a special place that stores all the stuff we probably won't need for a l...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: No guarantees in this place

Prayers for peace and healing.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Heated Gloves/Vest

That was one of the first things my dad taught me when he started taking me fishing. How to have warm hands, even in the cold.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Buffalo trace property line

Nope. If your client is at all reasonable, the guy will learn that he can do what he wants, put his house in the best spot, and it will all work out....

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying questions on other forums.

Was staking clearing limits, and had a neighbor tell me I was on his property. I assured him I wasn't. He said he would call the sheriff. I offered to...

5 years ago
Page 33 / 155