Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
3 feet? Check on the US feet, Int'l feet thing before going further. Ellipsoid, US feet, and why aren't you just doing a local calibration anyway?...
@michigan-left The knowledge needs to accessible to the typical user of the system. That means that the concepts need to be explained rigorously,...
If people: read the manual, Most manuals are VERY vague as to what the software is actually doing
Here in NYC we typically show lot areas to the nearest 0.1 of a square foot, if we were to round to the nearest square foot we'd be getting calls from...
@on_point I only survey flat pieces of land...I mean the paper lies flat on my desk, so... No, I have never ever bothered to compute the area of...
Wait, someone under 60 years old? What is HAPPENING to this profession???
@john-putnam Surveyed a small chemical plant for about a month one year. They wanted every pipe and vessel, and then they demo'ed it.
Questions: 1. What is the least understood aspect of plane coordinates or plane coordinate systems? How each data collector and office cogo/proces...
Remember this: Just because we can does not mean we must. I doubt anyone here does measure 10 acres with equipment and practices to permit accu...
We might call this thread: "Where significant digits came to die."
We are definitely the small fish in the pond on this. We may have been the capital and backs upon which it was created (throwing in machine control) i...
BTW I have actually purchased from Guy and would do so again. My experience is that his prices are very reasonable. It may be expensive compared to th...
RCW 58.09.090When record of survey not required.(1) A record of survey is not required of any survey:(a) When it has been made by a public officer in ...
Why not set the PI at that point? I always set the PI if it fits in the road way. One mon is better than two in that case.